1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An anonymous letter!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Awkward Balloon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Awkward Balloon

So, as a way to further educate my school peers, I've decided to try and anonymously get my SPHE(Social Physical Health Education) teacher to spend a class covering the topic of sexual orientation and LGBT bullying. My idea was to type a note, so he couldn't recognise writing and leave it under his door.
    What are your opinions on this idea, do you think it's good, might it backfire??? All thoughts appreciated :icon_bigg

2. Given To Fly

Sounds like a good idea, can only see it backfiring if you were seen delivering the note. I guess you wouldn't be comfortable speaking to your teacher in person?

3. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would suggest a face-to-face if you can. The teacher could ask the other teachers if they know who would have sent it and it could get around.
    Maybe your letter could include other groups as well, such as race and religion?
    All for the topic being talked about, but it could be risky with a letter.

4. leer

lets just assume the plan work`s brilliantly and you get a discussion going being 14 am hoping you will be able to use the information wisely best of luck .

5. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

My school has an ultra homophobic teacher try to "teach" gender and sexuality :/ luckily the bulk of the student body are lgb supporters (sadly they are a little against the t :frowning2:

6. Awkward Balloon

Thanks all for replies, I did consider saying it in person but I find myself acting awkward around him (he's hot) so I wouldn't think the convo would go well .. I can see the advantages of it, though. Do any of you see a major problem with me bringing a friend? She gets along well with the teacher and knows about me. She has already offered to help so she would be fine with it

Sorry for any mistakes, on phone.

7. Given To Fly

If you are happy to have a friend with you, then I think that would he a good idea - good luck :slight_smile:

8. hello1992

I cant see why it would backfire unless your teacher was like mine and say that soemone had suggested it. In that case that might give you unwanted attention.

I think its a good idea though but it would be quite difficult for a teacher to produce a class on it especially if theyre not gay. I can't imagine what i'd talk about. Maybe give suggested topics like advice for dealing with it, coping with it and region, get people to understand that gays are nothing to be afraid of etc...

But i think its a good idea, may be useful to many.

Go for it!