1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the best valentines gift you've given/received ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by unbreakable, Jan 8, 2013.

1. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's super early to be thinking of this lol... But this will be my girlfriend and I's first valentines day together and I want to make it the best ever :slight_smile:

So other than the generic candy or cards or dinner (and the obvious sex lol) what's the best valentines gift/experience you've gotten/given/had?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The last guy I dated had a fairly vulgar sense of humor, so I got him a box of candy hearts that looked like this:

[​IMG]

(I can't find any photos that are of just one box.)

3. AaronG

AaronG Guest

I've never spent Valentines day with anyone and I've never had a boyfriend. I'd accept anything though, the fact that they took the time to go out and get me anything would make me super happy

4. leer

is it cheating if your birthday falls on valentines day:rolle:

5. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awe that's like having a birthday on xmas! It's cheating if you didn't get 2 gifts lol

6. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really only three people?! C'om on peeps! There's gotta be more than 3 people that are down with valentines day! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well we never dated, but I asked a long time in advance what my bestie's favorite flowers/candies were. She loves purple Irises, so I bought her a dozen and some caramel chocolates cuz they're her favorite. I dropped it all off on their porch and drove away but she thought the flowers were for her mom and her mom thought she was getting them from some creepy guy she was recently talking to lol

Looking back it was kinda funny. I didn't officially say it was me who sent the flowers and candies, but I hinted and said things like "Maybe you have a secret admirer!"

Um... I don't have any real romantic stories but I thought that one was funny? lol

8. Lux

Lux

This guy gave me a box of chocolates after a dance (I love chocolate...), but he had his friend give them to me because he was so nervous. Lol 'twas cute

#8 Lux, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. caughtbywitness

10. Ticklish Fish

A grand total of NOTHING! :slight_smile:

11. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  12. MerBear

nothing....none of friends or anyone gives me shit but last year i gave my crush a bear and she was so awkward about it which made me feel awkward

13. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never really celebrated Valentines, but given that my boyfriend spent this Christmas bedridden and so it wasn't that great a time for either of us, I've decided that we should do something special this year. I've booked us into a hotel with a spa and i'll book some treatments for us as well, I have also booked a table at this restaurant he's wanted to go to for a while, not actually on the day itself but the day after.

This has never been on Valentines day, but when my boyfriend wants to be romantic it usually involves him baking something or other, cupcakes etc. I don't think you can beat it to show someone you appreciate them, spending hours making something that you know they will love.

14. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember giving a valentine's card saying I love you to a girl when I was about 9 years old.

The next year I decided to aim bigger as I still hadn't ever spoken to here, so I (well, my mom) baked her a muffin with, again, I love you on it (using icing). Yes, I baked muffins for girls when I was 10. :dry:

My ex girlfriend bought me (well, us) a little box in the shape of a heart, with 100 little rolls of paper in it, every little paper containing a new -- sometimes quite adventurous -- idea for in the bedroom. I actually really liked it! :slight_smile:

Obviously I was smart enough to know she'd get me something, so I got her a little something as well: a charm for her Pandora bracelet.

I personally hate Valentine's Day, though. If I care about you, I'll show you every day, not just on Valentine's Day. I just don't get the concept.

#14 justinf, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. Tiny Catastrophe

Is it bad that I can't remember what my girlfriend and I gave each other last year? :icon_redf

16. hello1992

Never been fortunate to have someone to give me a valentines day gift. I spent last valetines day in the library workign while suffering from a fever. The only valentines day gift was a person on behalf of the library services at my uni was handing out ''i <3 lthe library'' sweets. That made my day!

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2013 at 10:40 PM ----------

i gave made something like that for my parents anniversary a few years back. It took ages to make and mine didnt have any hidden messages, just coloured paper :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. leer

last year I took I guy I liked allot out for a Chinese meal that went better than expected:kiss:

18. photoguy93

Since I've never had a meaningful relationship or any relationship-based contact with another male, I recently decided to just enjoy valentines day like I was a 4th grader. Julianne Moore did these Valentine's cards for charity. They were so cute!! I sent them out last year for my friends. It was a throwback to the good old days. I like doing anything with thought!

19. Kay

Kay Guest

The year my partner of many years said she would move in with me. I never wanted another Valentine's gift. It is the gift I receive everyday.

20. worriedWardrobe

Seeing that I've never been in a relationship. I spend my valentines day showing myself how much I love me. Movies, icecream, the lot of it X3