1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College GSA?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vanille, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Vanille

Soooooo what exactly do you do in GSA clubs? My school's GSA is having a meeting soon and I was thinking about going. Is anyone else apart of their schools GSA? What are your experiences?

2. Lux

Lux

My high school had one, but I don't know if my college does. In the high school we just did fund raiser and protest stuff--like we participated in the international day of silence where we didn't speak to mirror how many people felt like they couldn't be open about who they were and how they felt.

You don't have to be LGBTQ to be part of the club and if you're interested I suggest you go!

3. Vanille

That sounds really cool I think I will go! Thank you for answering :grin:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hence the "S" part. :wink: We don't have one at my school, otherwise I'd want to go.

5. Lux

Lux

Haha, yeah, I'm only specifying because an onlooker could assume otherwise! At my school there were plenty of straight people in the club.. or at least people who said they were straight! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I had my doubts for a few of them.

6. SunSparks

Oooo! My school does and its really fun! We do a variety of things from serious discussion to playing games to outreach to the community to planning lgbt-related events and parties and more! I love it and theres a good mix of straight and lgbt ppl. It is a smaller group though (about 10 ppl) b/c my school has like 5 different lgbt groups and no one has time to go to each one but I like the smaller group :slight_smile:

7. Vanille

Oh wow this sounds fun, I'm getting more excited about going!