1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you want to be .

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leer, Jan 9, 2013.

1. leer

So when you were a kid growing up what did you want to become ?

I dreamed of being a UK Footballer playing for the best team in the world IMO Sheffield Wednesday Ive given up on that now :slight_smile:

2. Given To Fly

Have you also given up on Sheffield Wednesday being the best team in the world? :roflmao: (only joking)

I always wanted to be a train driver. I may actually acheive it within the next ten years if my eyesight is good enough. I'm just about to move from the ticket office to a guards job so I'm getting there :slight_smile:

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I wanted to be an artist :slight_smile: I still draw every single day but I'm not pursuing it as a career as I used to want to.

4. CTJ

CTJ

When i was a kid i wanted to be a Palaeontologist. I blame Jurrasic Park for that, in my childs mind i could have dug up some amber and make myself a pet T-Rex. When i grew up my dream job moved onto being an author, i like to write but i know i'm not good enough to do it professionally. Now its just a little hobby.

5. Jim

Jim

I wanted to be a Doctor before I found out you couldn't just cut people up.. D:

Now I want to be a pathologist (which IS cutting people up), a research scientist, or something in forensics.

6. leer

:icon_bigg its a family thing dad support`s them as did his dad as did his dad in my eyes they are the greatest team in the world also follow Liverpool FC but keep that quirt round dad its enough to give him another stroke ...

7. Given To Fly

Sorry Leer that was a low blow but I couldn't resist. I don't really 'do' football, but I do admire people who will follow their team to the bitter end, no matter how mediocre. Unless they happen to be following Aston Villa this season. Those people are fools!

8. aconite

Wanted to be an artist, but now I'm not sure. A designer perhaps, but then again, I want to be a vet too.

9. ForceAndVerve

When I was a kid I dreamt of being an airline pilot coz I love commercial planes and flying in them.

Then as I grew up I started to get a thing for movies and how they were made. So I wanted to do something in film, maybe as a director etc. I stil have an artisitic flare and still do design work but that's about it.

I guess I'm too lazy for anything other than a 9-5 job. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Me too!!!!!!! About the paleontologist part! I used t love Jurassic Park and thought it would be so neat to uncover dinosaur bones! And seeing all the dinosaurs too. :eusa_doh:

I also had dreams of becoming a pop star/artist/actress. Now I'd like to do something that has to do with Social Justice/LGBT issues, I just believe everyone deserves to be treated equally.

11. Ticklish Fish

meteorologist LOL.
    I used to look at sky a lot and was fascinated with clouds.

but damn, so much physics and shit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. J en

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wanted to be a doctor. My mother turned to me and told me I wasn't ever going to be intelligent enough to be one. Kind of glad that she nipped that one in the bud for me. I don't fancy 3 more years of University.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pilot and video game designer. I've gotten my AS degree in game design (woop woop!) and someday I hope to get my pilot's license. Both of these dreams I've had from a very young age. I guess I don't change much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. redstormrising

A doctor. I was all ready to go to a combined BS-MD program and backed out at the last minute after becoming disillusioned with the control HMOs exert. Now I'm a lawyer. My partner is a doctor and after seeing how frustrated she gets over meddling insurance companies, I think I made the right decision.

15. FruitFly

For some strange reason I wanted to be a nun, a dream that lasted until my mid teens. I mean, ignoring the fact my behaviour was anything but appropriate for a wannabe nun I'm pretty sure the only reason I wanted to be one from such a young age related to the fact I idolised one of the ladies from the local Poor Clares. She was lovely.

16. MerBear

i thought i was going to be a writer because i wrote poems but i gave up on it and now i want to be a cop and i think it might go well for me considering....my personality and my skills...but still after i take the course at this community college next year....well actually i should do it during then...i need to work on my psychological issues considering i get really scared easily...and have to probably talk to a counselor to get all my issues out there , i need to start off fresh before i go into training...but thats a long ways from now

17. Lux

Lux

After watching Legally Blond I REALLY wanted to be a lawyer, but now I realize that would be a horrible career choice for me haha

18. Ticklish Fish

I forget to add that when I was a little little kid, toddler maybe, I thought about being pastor but then I shyed against it since like, I thought liking dudes was bad lol

19. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I wanted to be a farmer and have tons of animals! :grin: I was adament i was going to get some blue whales to put in my collection!

20. kem

kem

I've always wanted to be an artist. For a short while I wanted to do gymnastics and at some point in my childhood I dreamt of being a singer.