1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Apology... </3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myheartincheck, Jan 9, 2013.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just wanted to say that before I discovered my true nature, I was very ignorant about this community. I had such preconcieved notions about what it meant to be LGBTQ. Being raised Christian, I thought this was an evil path that a person chose, and I thought foolish things I can't even bring myself to repeat for the shame of it all.

Today, I want to end the secret guilt I've been feeling by apologizing to you all and letting go of all my harbored judgments. I ask that you all forgive me, because I do not know what kind of ignorant person I would be had I not discovered who I really am. I believe God may have brought me here so that I could finally open up to you all about this. It is sad to me that it took this experience for me to finally accept you all for the beautiful people you are. I mean this very truly, but if you don't accept my apology I can't say I would blame you.

I would invite others who had similar thoughts to join me in bringing peace to ourselves and others by letting go of our black and white thinking.

Thank you all for listening.

2. Given To Fly

I think most of us have expressed negative comments about the LGBT community at some point in our past, mostly out of self-denial, maybe also to fit in with our peers. I for one accept your apology, and offer my own. (*hug*)

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Forgiven. It's not where you start it's where you finish.

4. Van

Van

Well, I think that's normal - we were scared, we didn't want to be that way, we didn't want anyone to know we are LGBT, we were too young to understand, we were taught it was wrong, we had the wrong idea, we didn't know (or didn't know we've known) any LGBT people... I think pretty much all of us have been there. And, yes, I want to join you in this, but what I think is that we are forgiven the moment we accept ourselves. :slight_smile: Ever since I accepted myself and now when I'm fine with my gayness, my love for the LGBT community has grown so much, that I don't even want to think what it would be if I were straight. :grin:
    (&&&)

#4 Van, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will definately accept your apology, as you have been so graceful in accepting mine. (*hug*)

Thank you so much for those kind words. :slight_smile:

I agree. I would not be nearly as open minded as I am, so I thank God for making me strong and showing that I was misjudging such kind hearted people. <3

6. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I once called transgender people "sick, disgusting freaks" and look where I am now, haha. Denial does strange things to people and that's not really our fault. It happens to us all. Society conditions us this way and when we break out of that shelter, it's when we realise exactly how skewed the views that a lot of people have of LGBT people.

7. Suffocation

Ah yes. Apology accepted, I've had many of these thoughts before I really knew what I was.. smh.

But really, we forgive you! (&&&) <3

8. Ticklish Fish

LOL, I haven't even read negative comments from you about the community, but (&&&)

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for sharing that with me. Sometimes we're just afraid of things we can't understand, and we say or think very cruel things about those around us and then we realize we're not so different! I never thought I would be this way, but I suppose the path I'm on is exactly where I'm supposed to be as I cannot change it. <3

Thank you so much! I wish I could erase the thoughts I had, but I can only learn from them now. <3(*hug*)

LoL Ticklish Fish! I try my best not to say anything negative about the community now. It's my past that I'm ashamed of. :kiss:

10. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Apology accepted. I don't care about the thoughts you've had, I care about the ones you have now. I think we've all had some dark thoughts about the LGBT community at times. That doesn't change how we feel about it now.

11. IrisM

We are all the sum of our experiences. In having made these mistakes we can retrace our paths to notice the warning signs that we may prevent others from making those self same mistakes. There is not a single person anywhere who is perfect, and it is important not to expect perfection but simply that if the person has made a mistake that they know and understand it was such and why.

I made mistakes myself when I was younger, things said in moments of anger, things left unsaid when they should have been spoken. It is important not to hold this anger or greif bottled up in your heart and I am happy for you that you were able to release it. Know that whatever mistakes you have made, you are wonderful.