1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I couldn't believe this!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Étoile, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Étoile

Today in my Technology class, some of the guys in there were saying some pretty bad stuff about gays. One guy said 'What man would want to take it up the butt?'. Another said 'All homos out the room!' What's really disturbing is when one guy said (or rather announced) "They should all be taken on buses to Afghanastan and blown up.':eek: I couldn't believe a person could say something like that about another human being! What made things worse is that other guys laughed and cheered him on and our substitute teacher said nothing whatsoever! (But was quick to discipline the same guys when racist comments were made about each other and themselves) One good thing is that one girl said "Don't said that about them. I'm not gay but I'm gay-friendly." Then they started accusing her of being a lesbian.:bang: And this all steamed from a guy telling another guy he had nice hair. I was going to say something but I was like 'What's the point? They obviously aren't going to listen to me anyway.' Plus, a lot of them suspect me of being gay, so I didn't want to raise their suspisions even more and have to hear more of their stupidity. There's a fine line between ignorance and stupidity and they've crossed that line long, long ago.

2. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The same thing happened to me in History class yesterday...but I'd rather not talk about THAT SITUATION again...

They are going to believe what they are going to believe - stupid I know...but it's true. Don't let it get to you.

Look at it this way, you know who you can trust now, and who you can't. That's how I see it at my school.

3. kramer362

I bet most of them will grow out of it, at 15 guys will say anything to appear macho and fit in. It doesn't excuse it, but once a lot of people get out of high school especially they stop needing to act cool as a social crutch. As much as it sucks sometimes it's better to stay in the closet for a little while (this is coming from someone who isn't out to anyone :-\ )

4. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    My boyfriend gets mad when people bash gays and I have to calm him down. When he gets like that people ask why and he says he's not gay just gay friendly.

5. SlickyPants

That is absolutely horrifying to hear. My best friend said something of a similar nature and it set me back a few years in terms of coming out.

I eventually came out to that friend and he apologized for the nasty stuff he said and all in all he is a changed person. So there is still hope that some people who say these things will be supportive after all. I wouldn't hold onto much hope with these jerks though unless they're close friends. Ignorant people will continue to be ignorant but those closest to you will hopefully realize that all those things they said were hurting someone they loved.

6. Orion

Yep, it's mostly stupidity, but they're entitled to it. Just don't let it get to you.
    It happened to me too. And it was among "friends"

Somehow out of nowhere some guy starts saying "I think gays should be killed" and then another guy says "Yeah they should all be lined up against a wall and shot".
    I first thought that was unexpected, but then the whole room agreed with them :eek:
    I don't consider some of that people friends anymore. Anyway, that's just the way it goes you can't always find acceptance everywhere.

7. Wired106

Just forget about it. Everyone does it but I don;t think everyone seriously means it. They just say stuff like that to be funny or to start a conversation. Even if they do mean it, who cares. Seriously, when I hear stuff like that I don't do anything and I sometimes do use the term gay, but that's extremely rare. Like when people say stuff like He is so gay, or That's so gay, they don't literally use it to offend gay people. It's just something that people say and they don't even realize it. Sometimes I use it, and I obviously don't use it to offend gay people. But ya anyways, just forget about that stuff when you hear it. When they're older they will understand and won't be so immature.

8. pirateninja

Isn't the education system wonderful?

Bah, teachers are hypocrites. They're quick to say "Don't say things racist" but when it comes to homosexuality, they keep quiet. And those other guys are just assholes. At least you know not to trust them in future.

9. darkestknight

Man, there's the same problem in my place!

I still don't know why all the prejudices against the LGBT. To me, they are humans, and they are they.

And love and attraction is a special kind of energy I guess - it works both ways, and it is universal.

Also, do you guys and girls think that mostly Male Chauvinists (not sure whether this term is correct) really hate homosexuals?

10. Alexander

I think there's the whole "men are manly and fags aren't" mentality, and from that, it's automatically a challenge to your masculinity that gay guys exist. It's rather weird tho, since like, three quarters of the gay guys I know are really masculine (they're all like on the sports teams and stuff).

11. pirateninja

"Trust a nitwit society like ours to beleive in just two orientations - fag and straight" ~ Gore Vidal

12. XxTheNumbOnexX

I totally understand that....I live in alabama and go to a school thats...well..not really a christian school..but the main religion here is christian..so..yeah.....do i really need to say more? but im mostly out now..and one of my best friends that USED TO BE anti gay has changed...because i told him and he said i was still cool...i mean ya...he jokes about it..but...not in a serious "IM GONNA KILL U!!!!" way....and now all of my other friends know :slight_smile: and they all said they dont have a problem with it..and theyre not all "EWWW DONT TOUCH ME!!" like its a disease or whatever like i expected them to be...so ya..thats good....but...im still deciding about what to do when arguments about the subject come up.....haven't figured that out yet..O_O....cuz ppl accept me...as long as i keep my opinion to myself...so...ya....

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It just goes to show how immature and ignorant some people can be. Ignore them. That's the best thing to do. It's so sad how people can be so mean towards one another based on sexual orientation ... it's a shame. What has humanity come to?

14. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, some people do tend to be idiots.

Rather strange that not longer after originally reading this thread that my mum comes upstairs laughing at some homophobic things my dad just said about some gay people on TV. Apparently i am the msierable one for not finding it funny and i even got asked "is there something you want to tell me?" in the most patronising and sarcastic way ever. Cunts.

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

(*hug*) for Martin.

This sort of thing always seems to happen when you're close to thinking it may be OK to come out to them. :bang:

16. Ty

Ty Guest

People can be so cruel...

17. InaRut

Hahahaha well at work there's a guy gay (I'm leaving that mistake just for the fun of it [I mean gay guy]) and I was talking with 2 other guys and one the guys is like, "You know *** is gay right?" and the guy is like, "What really?" and he's like, "Yah" and he goes, "Well I'm kinda uncomfortable about that."

And I just sorta looked at him funnily (bad idea he looked back at me like, "What?") and then he said some joke about sticking your meat in a fridge.

-_- I don't think you can escape abuse anywere (especially in a factory).

Makes me wonder, "How the hell is that gay guy, "Out?" ahhahaa