1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

........Los Angeles or Tokyo........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

My dad goes away on business trips all the time and he said he would take me on one to either LA, Tokyo or Hong Kong(Dont really wannna go there) and I don't know whether to pick LA or Tokyo to go with him too....LA has all the shops(I really want to go to American Eagle and all the other ones which i cant remeber right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - Clothes shops in New Zealand SUCK) and the chance to see celebrities and get their autographs(I really want Paris Hiltons:icon_redf ) While Tokyo has the culture and it'd be something new seeing NZ is kinda similar to America while Japan is not.

Thoughts?

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

You might get another chance to go to the US. Japan, you don't know when the next oppurtunity will come. ? maybe? Just a thought.

3. sdc91

I'd definitely go to either Tokyo or Hong Kong (but since you don't want to go to HK I guess that rules it out).

Los Angeles is just big, dirty, and depressing. And you're not going to see any celebrities. If you want all those shops, you could just shop online. Of course, they're not that special to me because the closest one to me is 3 miles away, so it might be a bigger deal for you.

Tokyo is really famous for shopping, too. Just go to Ginza (clothes) or Akihabara (electronics). Dunno, it might be too expensive.

So I'd choose Tokyo over Los Angeles for sure.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Definitely Tokyo

5. TyraBanksIsFierce

Yeah I think i'll go with Tokyo - you guys were right, He told me L.A is really dirty and not like is portrayed on tv.

Thanks

6. crimsonarcher

Tokyo all the way!

7. davo-man

Go Tokyo....wouldn't mind going there myself some time in the future

8. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I'd choose tokyo, prolly cause LA is so nearby =x and I don't think its all that nice.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tokyo is a lot better of a choice... how often do you get the opportunity to go to Japan?

10. Wired106

Ya definately tokyo. I've been to LA many times and it is filled with smog and stuff and there are only a select few nice areas around LA and the chances of you meeting many celebrities are slim. Tokyo is somewhere you might never be able to go to again and it's like no other place in the world (im guessing). LA isn't too special at all though.

11. InaRut

L.A. sucks

Tokoyo!

12. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    From what I know Japan has great fashion. Its just from what I have heard. (I'm not big on fashion) I have heard that they are a fashion capital. I know that they have great shoes...

Besides....I've never been to LA but it doesn't sound as nearly as cool as Tokyo. (and if you like electronics...you can get all of the hottest stuff for cheap while your friends are paying big bucks for it!)

13. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Japan = Hoties

Nuf said

14. pwnorton

Well, I happen to live in LA. I've lived here all my life. And honestly, I couldn't see myself living anywhere else, and I've travelled quite a bit.

But still, I'd go to Tokyo. Don't get me wrong. I think LA is one of the most amazing places in the world, but it's just that LA is not the same as you see it in pictures and on TV. But if you do end up coming here (LA), then you should definitely go to the beach (Santa Monica and Venice Beach). If you wanna see the really expensive shops, go to Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills. If you wanna see funky people, go to Melrose. If you wanna see stars (not real ones, just the ones on the sidewalk), go to Hollywood Blvd.

There are a lot of great places in LA. You just have to know where to look!

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tokyo!!! Seriously!!! I've been dying to go there for years!!! You're so lucky to have that opportunity!!!

Think of all the sushi... *daydreams*