1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having that special someone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im 19 years old and I nvr met that special someone.im yired of waiting bit idk how to meet a guy.I feel likev I have to become physically fit and feel comfortable in my own skin then meet a person that I
    Am into.I just wanna be loved and want to feel loved :icon_sad:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gf was almost 20 before she met me, her first boyfriend. Her excuse was that she didn't actively pursue a relationship (and ignored most of my signals to boot); I just dropped one into her lap one day by saying "I didn't mean [that last meeting] just as friends."

Go out and get a guy! If you're anywhere near as cute as your avatar, you'll have no trouble if you put yourself out there. (*hug*)

3. IanGallagher

It's much easier for straight dudes to find someone. Or I might not have that many gay friends or know that many gay guys yet. But while straight guys typically start dating younger. I've found that gay guys typically start dating much later in life. Frankly because how might anyone know you like guys? It's just more complicated, so I'd say there's plenty of gay guys around your age or older with the same difficulties. One is 24 living in the suburbs and has yet to meet someone and the other is 25 and in LA and yet to find someone. I know, being bi, it's much easier to find girls but that doesn't have the complicated "is he or isn't he?" So I think with that a lot, if not most, gay guys start dating later in life.

#3 IanGallagher, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^Raising a point about being bi and dating straight: I'm out to my gf, and now she always worries that I'm checking out guys or getting desperate in our current relationship, which is partially true. Sooner is not the only criterion for better.

5. photoguy93

Yeah, I get your feelings. It does seem like you have to be physically fit and some hunk.

It even happens here - I see these "hot guys" posting, and I just wonder....once I get to their profile, they tend to have way more wall posts and way more friends. It's not for everyone - but it's interesting.

Looks, however, are for the sex crowd. If you want a meaningful relationship, you need to go look. Just explore. I have had no luck because there really is no one that I see. If that's your position, then, well, you will just have to find an alternative. Make friends, keep on here, enjoy life....it's noting to rush into.

6. IanGallagher

I should also note the two examples I gave earlier. One I might have had a relationship with had I staid in LA, he's just found someone and he's cute. And the other guy living in the suburbs is cute also, just hasn't been able to find someone. As said, looks seems to be the easy answer but things are more complicated than that especially- at least it seems- for gay guys because those guys I mentioned are cute. It's just difficult for them to literally find someone.

#6 IanGallagher, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013