1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC and Pics...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by photoguy93, Jan 11, 2013.

1. photoguy93

Ok. So, it's kind of unrelated.....BUT, as a newbie, I don't have any pictures up. I'm not ashamed of my looks - I like to think I'm pretty attractive (to avoid confusion - this does not imply attention seeking, dating games.I was just making a comment.) I guess I would enjoy being out there - but....

I guess you could also say I am a very private person. And, I am afraid I will be found by the wrong person (our old neighbor told my mom my myspace profile said I was gay. Til this day, I get freaked out.)

So, here's what I have been wondering, from the people I see --- what goes into your Decison on the pic you posted?

Some of you have really detailed pics, some are actors, some are totally random....

Maybe I'm just being boring, but what made you do what you do? In my head, this will become some grand discussion on why we do what we do.

In reality, it's random and not lively, but it's just been a curious thing for me. Be honest. If you do it simply because you want attention, I want to hear it. I think we could all have a lot to say.

And even complain about what you hate in profile pictures!

#1 photoguy93, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, EC is not a dating site, so I keep my pictures modest. You can put them in your profile, just don't send them to other folks. Mine are pictures of my acne, and shit terrible foil fencing form.

3. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

My profile picture is a picture of myself. Please tell me how I look.

#3 plasticcrows, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. Given To Fly

My profile pic is me. I'm pretty much out to anyone I care about, and anyone else who asks. the few people I'm specifically not out to (i have my reasons, and intend to come out to them eventually) are extremely unlikely to wander onto this site. And if they do, then I'm not ashamed.

5. prism

My icon is from one of my favorite comics drawn by Natasha Allegri. Plus, it looks like me and it reminds me of the phrase "coming out of the closet." :slight_smile:

I'm still irrationally paranoid that someone I know will stumble across my profile, so I cropped the eyes out of my profile picture. What EC users look like isn't very important to me, but it's nice to see the face behind the computer.

6. Bree

My picture is me, but I definitely have reservations even after posting it...despite the fact that I'm out to everybody. I work in...let's just say "writing"...and I worry about ec members recognising me if I am successful and being able to spill things that I was dealing with here.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My pictures are of me being me. I'm a very outgoing and active person. I posted 5 photos and at least 4 of them are of me making a weird face, lol. That's just who I am. I'm always telling jokes and being silly. I'm eventually going to post a serious photo of myself, though.