1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out stories on Youtube are awesome! Do you agree and have you watched them b4?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TSN2012, Jan 12, 2013.

1. TSN2012

For me, I think that those coming out stories on Youtube are really awesome. There's this one particular guy, his youtube channel name is Jackissuchatool (I'm not sure if I am allowed to post channel names on this board so I'm really sorry if it's against EmptyCLosets' regulations). But the guy, and his confidence, is the reason why I'm not ashamed of being gay and makes me "kind of proud," if that makes sense to you. He's also the very reason why I decided to come out to my brother a few weeks ago. In my opinion I really love these coming out stories. Do these coming out stories on Youtube help you in any ways?

2. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Coming out stories on Youtube are awesome! Do you agree and have you watched them

One that comes to mind is AreYouSurprised. I had been following his channel for a while and when he uploaded that video where he came out to his dad live, I could not have been more happy for him. Definitely check out his channel (his earlier stuff that is, newer stuff is a bit dry).

3. TSN2012

Re: Coming out stories on Youtube are awesome! Do you agree and have you watched them

I'm definitely going to check it out now :wink:

4. Awkward Balloon

The videos on Youtube are what helped me accept myself, and gave me the courage to come out to my friend :slight_smile: I'd still be confused without them

5. Dalmatian

When I first searched for such stuff, I came across Someonetoshoutfor. The guy was just a kid, but he made me so happy back then. Hm.. it seems he removed everything now though. Weird.

6. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah he chose to quit from the youtube scene and removed all his videos. Out of curiosity did he also sneak under your gaydar?

7. Dalmatian

What do you mean? As far as I've seen, he was always open about sexuality (that was the thing).

8. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people

Oh i know he was gay. Just that I could never really "see it". I have a pretty darn good gaydar and he never set it off. Just wandering if it was the same for you.

9. Dalmatian

Oh, I see. I've never really thought about it. I found him out looking for gay content, so I didn't have to. But it's true, he's not a mainstream youtube gay guy. Although, I must say I think that's just because he's so relaxed and normal about it. No confusion, no shame, no pretentiousness, just a guy who's gay. That's what I liked.