1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Van, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Van

Van

I know it sounds silly and weird, but...

If you were not you (imagine you're another person) would you ask yourself on a date?
    I guess I'm just trying to ask if any of you would be interested in going out with someone like you. :grin:

2. IanGallagher

People see things in me that I don't. Simple answer - on track for Hollywood stardom, cares more about people than money, is relatively well built and handsome, and funny. Based on that - yes. But, due to being an orphan and the self-esteem that comes from that? No, although others would probably say yes. If that makes sense?

3. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahahahaha......... no :frowning2:

4. thegaymer

i would probably do it.

5. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is what I think to myself when I do my hair in the morning or apply lotion. It helps me decide what to wear and what I should do beauty wise.

6. IanGallagher

Kind of wondering how many answers like this there are.

People usually see themselves as just average with okay self-esteem, I think, whereas its others who often see them for the value that they really are.

7. Equalist

Equalist Guest

LOL, no, but it's almost impossible to imagine what another person sees in yourself. I know everything about me, but I don't know what my best friends think about me, and I certainly have no idea what somebody who is interested in me thinks of me.
    The only reason I say no is because I have an idea of the kind of person I'm looking for, and dating a clone of myself does NOT sound interesting. I want somebody different.

Do I think I'm worthy of a date? Personally, yes. People compliment me all the time, so I would like to think that I'm a likable person worthy of dating.

8. I already give myself hand-jobs regularly.

9. Van

Van

I'd probably date myself, but not sure if we'll get along well. :grin:

Now seriously, I probably wouldn't. I'd probably ask myself - what's wrong with that guy and why is he that awkward. (Although I really find other awkward guys really cute.) :grin:

10. Vesper

No. As far as I'm concerned, I have no qualities that are commonly regarded as being essential to an ideal romantic partner, and I would be completely surprised if someone would deign to date me even in pity.

11. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hell no

I'd be the worst type of person to go out with. I don't know why... I'd be surprised if I was anyones ideal

12. IrisM

^ I feel completely the same about myself.

13. ORly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone like me? Yeah Sure. But if I was like a replica of myself dating me then no, because there would be no balance.

14. Given To Fly

Well at least we'd have something in common. But I think all our shared experiences would get boring pretty quick. We'd have no stories to tell each other or stuff like that.

So on balance, I probably wouldn't date myself. But not because I see myself as a lost cause :slight_smile:

15. Van

Van

They don't have to be the "ideal romantic partner" to go on a date with them.
    Even if I think about myslef just like you think about yourself, I still hope that someday someone would think "Well, he's not that ugly/stupid/useless" and would ask me out. :slight_smile:

16. No, but not because I think I'm undateable. I actually think that I would make a good partner. I just wouldn't want to date myself because that would be so boring.

17. Van

Van

I see your point and I agree with you. :slight_smile:

But if you were compeltely different person and you didn't really know yourself that well (or even if you did)... still wouldn't date yourself?

18. IanGallagher

Guys, I don't even think Zach Efron off record and in all honesty would say yes to this lol. For the most part we don't see us and most people have a moderate to low self-esteem even celebrities most of whom if you ask them would say they feel "empty" and "unreal" despite a lot of people loving them. The only accurate response to this would be from others. It's kind of like going away for a while and then coming back. To you there's nothing different because it's become so common-place your life is dull and boring no matter what it is. Whereas to others you become this big instant "wow you've changed a lot!" thing. We can't judge us.

For instance, when I came back to my home town from LA. Everyone was and a lot still are going "he's our big time Hollywood player friend/cousin/grandson!" While to me, I'm even in The Dark Knight Rises and think that's commonplace and boring yet cool lol. And that last example should really show how we can't accurately assess ourselves. I was in Batman and while it was cool to begin with, now it's just a "that was fun but a rather ordinary day" lol - but to others "you were in Batman?!!!"

Mystery adds a lot.

#20 IanGallagher, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013