1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eatthechildren, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Eatthechildren

People have such a problem with body hair today.... (Especially on women). I can't understand this. I'm young, a teenager, but I've grown up going to festivals. Grass stains on your jeans. Saunas where people of all ages walk around in the nude, oblivious to each other, with big black bushes (I've never been comfortable with people seeing me totally naked... But they don't bother me). Pale skinned women with long skirts and golden armpit hair.

So I'm used to body hair. It seems... Normal. I don't actively dislike smooth, but it seems sterile, not real (I've always found a snail trail on a woman very feminine, and sexy).

But I'm in the minority here. Most people think body hair is dirty. Unclean. That you should get rid of it. I've had horrible things said to me because even though I keep my calves and armpits smooth (I don't like them like that, but everyone else does) my arms are too hairy. My eyebrows are too thick. Once, when I was eleven, I was told that no one would ever love me because I "look like a monkey" by a boy in my class. Everyone found this acceptable.

Am I really that weird for liking the human form as it naturally is?

2. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not at all, its personal opinion. Usually people at the age of 11 do not like the fact of hair because it means they are growing up

I just can't stand hair on my body, except for the hair on my head. Every other day I shave everywhere, even if the hairs are very little and unnoticeable. This may seem a little " overdone ", but I am overly paranoid that even the tiniest hairs will get noticed. I also do that because I love the feeling of my freshly shaven legs and arms on my shirt/pants.

3. Rexmond

Omg. I absolutely ADORE body hair. I just find it so sexy and attractive. I am actually not sure as to why, but I just wouldn't date a man who isn't hairy. Just imagine lying in bed with the nicest guy, and you can run your hand through his chest hair.

Imo, body hair just makes men so much more attractive.

4. leer

personally I like as little as possible or well groomed .

5. luvlontime

Definitely clean shaven. I trim my armpiits and shave my chest/stomach and trim below! Ironically, I am the only one in my family with body hair. Both brothers & Dad are smooth.

6. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Personally, I'm not a huge fan of body hair. I shave my entire body a few times a week. I don't mind other people's body hair though as long as they are not really hairy.

7. Pyrotactick

Ah, your lucky. You can shave...I can't :L. I guess it's nice sometimes on your arms a little bit or so to show masculinity if your all into that stuff, but right now...not as much. I for one am very excepting with the hair, body odor, etc. I don't mind it really...it's just on me that makes me paranoid. Say...how do you shave your armpits?

8. 341

341 Guest

Most people say that they don't mind unless they're not too hairy; I agree, although I personally find the other direction with no body hair even less appealing.
    Oh and also, having body hair is actually more hygienic.

9. Lux

Lux

Well I don't think I could ever date a girl who neglected to shave her legs and armpits--I've always thought body hair was a bit gross for girls (although a good friend of mine doesn't shave and I really do not care, considering I do not want to be more than friends), but i especially dislike armpit hair. Hairy Guys (within moderation) can be super sexy though

#9 Lux, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with you on the armpit hair. I always have this nasty feeling that there is something, or someone hiding in there and it smells nasty.

11. Alexander69

I hate certain body hair like I HATE HATE HATE CHEST HAIR! I love armpit hair love arm hair and leg hair and a little bit of Pube hair but hate chest hair and butt hair

12. Dalmatian

I'm not a fan of body hair, especially anywhere "behind". However, I am hairy myself and I really dislike that. But it is what it is :slight_smile:

13. Van

Van

Women need to shave/wax.
    As for men - I love body hair. I love facial hair, too. Men with beards don't pass unnoticed. :grin:

14. Jim

Jim

I don't really care. I don't like huge amounts of hair, but at the end of the day it's natural, so why spend so much money removing something that your body obviously has for a reason? It's not like a tumor that's doing any harm, so I find people who wax every last hair from their body a bit strange.

I also think that when people like women with a bald "down there area" it's very odd. Why would you want a girl to look like a pre adolescent child? D:

15. TheUglyBarnacle

TBH, I don't really care about body hair. I don't like it nor dislike it. It's not a dealbreaker for me.

16. Eatthechildren

Exactly! It just looks.... Really odd actually :confused:

17. Hexagon

I have no particular preference.

18. ive had horrible things said to me in regard to my body hair, you arent the only one (*hug*)

i have thick eyebrows, but ive grown to like them and i dont wax them. i pluck the middle but thats it. most girls these days have really thin eyebrows/groom them in some way... i guess it makes me stand out a bit...

most people think body hair is dirty i agree, yet im not sure why. aslong as someone washes regular then they are not dirty!
    i accept someone for who they are, body hair and all. i wont disregard dating someone just because they have xyz body hair or dont have xyz body hair. no one is perfect and people need to remember that. what someone else does in regards to their body hair is up to them i cant dicate. aslong as that person is comfortable with themselves and not doing it 'for' someone, then thats fine.

i shave my legs and underarms and what i do elsewhere is my own business. if a woman didnt like it, or didnt like that i dont groom my eyebrows then thats her problem and not mine. she can either take it or leave it. i dont have time for people who waste mine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. IrisM

I loathe body hair, but the only person I ever judge on that stuff is myself. If I had my way it would be on the top of my head and my eyebrows, that's it.

20. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not into chest hair or beards, mainly because I identify closer to androgony than masculine, and am only really attracted to other people like that. I'm just not attracted to distinctly masculine men. It's not that the hair itself grosses me out, and I don't really have a problem with things like armpit hair, bushy eyebrows, arm/leg hair, it's just that bushy chest/beard hair is a very masculine trait, which tends to turn me off.