1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think that it is a bad thing when cry at animal movies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Music, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Rainbow Music

I am not a big fan of movies, because I love music, but I love animal movies. I watched a movie called Chihuahua the movie-yes I know, it sounds lame- but there was this certain part in the movie when they wee playing a sad song, and I'm not a big movie cryer, but for some reason I just couldn't help it, but I started shedding tears.:tears: In fact right now, thinking about the movie, I'm tearing up. I don't know what it is about that movie. Now does anybody here think that it is a bad thing when you cry at animal movies?

2. Jephano

I've never seen that particular film so I can't really comment, but Marley and Me absolutely destroyed me. If you haven't already, do not watch it. You can thank me later.

Edit: Also, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Everybody is affected by different things. :slight_smile:

3. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By no means is it a "bad" thing. I've known plenty of people who would become emotional when it came to just about any animal movie, even more so one about dogs.
    Heck, I'm not that emotional when it comes to movies, but even I will admit, in the case of animal movies, as Jephano mentioned, Marley and Me tugs at the heart, as well as Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

4. MerBear

hell no! im way more of an animal person anyways....when a dog dies in a movie. i burst into tears because my dog delilah is my best friend every time i think of dead , i cry my eyes out...its sad. i love animal movies but i hate when they de , its so sad :frowning2:

5. Rainbow Music

I did see Marley and Me, sad to say. I can't stand that movie for the same reason.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't seen that movie either. But oh my word, I cry more when watching sad animal movies than anything. The saddest one I've ever seen is Marley & Me. That movie completely broke my heart, even though the ending was peaceful. Another one is My Dog Skip. I saw that movie when I was 10 and I cried for 2 days off and on. Old Yeller also got to me. I think I was probably 7 when I saw it, and I cried so much. That movie is what made me realize that a Labrador is my favorite breed, and Marley & Me did me no justice. >_> Also, Air Bud made me cry. He doesn't die in the movie, but there's a part in the movie that crushed me. I won't go into detail and ruin it for you. I definitely think you should watch these movies, unless you don't like crying this much. x_x

EDIT: Oh mah gawd, your avatar... <3 What a cute little dumplin'. ^-^

#6 Anthemic, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Movies about dogs and cats don't really affect me, but when it comes to fish, I'm defenseless. Finding Nemo made me cry at the very beginning, but the rest wasn't really crying material. Also, it seems Pixar loves to make you cry at the very beginning. Once I saw the beginning of the movie Up and Finding Nemo, I whispered to myself "Pixar! How dare you!"

8. Jephano

Can't forget The Lion King. Even though it's not Pixar, and the horrible heartwrenching death scene isn't technically at the beginning. Disney in general are evil bastards, methinks.

9. SunSparks

Absolutely not! Crying watching movies, listening to music, etc is just a sign that the movie really made you feel something! I cry at so many movies - for joy and for saddness - and those tend to be the movies that I love!

10. Vesper

Absolutely not.

As for my own experiences, I don't generally find animated movies involving animal death scenes to be tearjerkers, but I can't say the same about animal deaths in live action movies. This is probably why I tend to avoid those kinds of movies, because I don't like crying (especially when others are around), but what I hate most of all is not knowing whether I will cry or not. I'd rather not know.

There were two books involving animal deaths that had a huge emotional impact on me, and those are Flowers for Algernon and Where the Red Fern Grows (which is a children's book, technically). Each one has a severely depressing climax or ending, but I'd recommend both (unless you can't stand Marley & Me or Old Yeller, in which case the second book might not be for you). Where the Red Fern Grows also has movie adaptations.

#10 Vesper, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  11. Gallatin

Of course it's not a bad thing!

Marley and Me, Homeward Bound, The Land Before Time, War Horse - I've shed tears during all of them!

12. BajanBoy13

I always get sad when animals die in movies...even hen i know no animals where injured in the making, i dont know why :s

13. IanGallagher

Easiest ways to get people to cry in the movies- kill an animal, kill a kid, or kill a parent. Reason being animals and kids are defenseless and innocent, they come to represent the innocence within ourselves. So seeing something innocent die is tragic to the human psyche at large. If the kid is older it brings to mind that everything can be taken away in an instant and either thinking ahead to being a parent or being a reflecting parent using your own kid as reference. A parent dying makes one think of the inevitable death that we're all afraid of, we place our parents onto those parents naturally and thus the scene becomes a tear jerker. Basically Hollywood always uses these because they know everyone will cry.

14. Deaf Not Blind

15. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope it's not bad I do the same thing

16. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Marley and me in 2 minutes, saddest scene included
    [YOUTUBE]1t7HZgqpH9E[/YOUTUBE]

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't do it. ;-;

18. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Be grateful that I didn't give you the Morgan Freeman narrated version

19. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I read this, I was like, "How the hell did you know my name?!" But then I reread it. I must be really tired. o.o;

20. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I bawl my eyes out when I watch animal movies!! So emotional!