1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just had one of those "yes, I am gay" moments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

You know, when you suddenly think "Yup. There's no doubt. I just am gay. It's true."

I still veer towards doubt and confusion a lot, but sometimes I get these moments when I think "yup, it's true." Random things bring it on - usually when I see other people questioning their own sexuality or openly saying "I am gay" or whatever. It sort of gives me the courage to admit it to myself.

These moments make me feel really good, it's just the inbetween times that make me feel confused and f:***: -up.

2. Orion

Totally, I know what you mean. It's usually quite a relief each time I have a whoa, I am definetly gay moment. It just clears the confusion and reaffirms everything I've been doing lately was not in the wrong direction.

They generally come when I see a guy I like or he happens to look at me and "Bam!" when our eyes meet I feel the gay cupid is working again :slight_smile:

That and cultural moments when I realise I like really gay music are when I feel most gay.

3. dreamfinder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel. I typically come off as straight but i do have my "oh their is no doubt" moments when me and other know that i am gay

4. TyraBanksIsFierce

Yup I just had one too. My new favourite song is Straight Up by Paula Abdul :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yea, I had one of those moments, I was sitting in english and this cute guy dropped his pen and when he bent down I thoght " O Yea, I'm definitly gay"

#5 Pepsi, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  6. Zec24

Yeah I know how you feel. There are just great moments of clarity sometimes. Kinda nice when those moments come along.

7. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I hope that I'm really past the whole confusion weather or not I'm gay. I mean, I've been so openly gay with my friends that there's really no doubt in my mind that all my friends that doesn't know, probably know by know.

Once I get comfortable over talking about guys, I can't stop. So, I kind of decided during this post: if anyone ask if I'm gay, I'll answer truthfully! :slight_smile:

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've had a few of those moments, but one stands out the most. There's this teacher at my school with really long, flowing blonde hair. I'll be the first to admit that it is the sexiest hair I have ever seen. One day, I was with my friend outside of school, and that teacher walked past us. When he was about 50 feet away (out of ear-shot), he flipped his hair. I almost swooned, but I only ended up uttering a simple, high-pitched moan-like sound. It was that sound you utter when you see something that is really hot, but not in a sexual way. My friend started cracking up, and I thought, "Yep, I am definitely gay."

Another, less outstanding one was when I was sitting at lunch and this guy I know, who is also gay, jokingly touched my arm in a gentle, affectionate way. Had he done this before I had realized I was gay, I would have pulled my arm back, but I didn't even flinch, and it actually felt kind of good. That was another, "Yep, I am definitely gay," moment.

One more: I was at a friend's birthday party, and I was the only guy there. (I know, the situation is already perfect for an "I am gay" moment.) We were watching the "making of" material for the "I'm ready for it (Snakes on a Plain)" music video, and they had a shot of William Beckett flipping his hair, and about three of us made that moaning sound at the same time. We all laughed and I thought, "Yep, I am definitely gay."

9. sapphicvariety

tonight i had the majority of my lesbian friends over and we sat around and watched the L word for legitimatley 3 hours. when the last one left, i closed the front door, and was just like "wow. i am so fucking gay."

10. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's brilliant!! What brought it on?? I get those sometimes too...when there's a sort of clarity and it's like, yes, I'm gay!! But, like you, inbetween these times I get confused...and then I might find myself looking at a guy (albeit very rarely), and it's like, "here we go again..."

Savour these moments!!

11. Zec24

I know I already answered this, but I just had one of those ah ha moments about an hour ago. I was watching TV and this stupid axe (male body spray) commercial came on. It had a guy spraying axe on and then hitting his head into the wall and shedding his nastiness/smell (not sure how else to describe that) and then walking to the door with his shirt off to greet his gf.

I thought to myself, now how can anyone find that attractive? If I were that girl I would have said "put some damn clothes on." But if that had been a girl (minus banging her head on the wall and shedding the nasty skin/smell off part) I would have been all for it.

Yes I'm gay. Then again maybe it was just the shedding of the nasty skin? No, I'm just gay.

12. jroakwood

^^hahah. that guy is hottt.
    even if he is shedding nastiness.
    cause i bet he smells delicious when he comes to the door. :]

13. RENThead

ive never had a 'im deffinetly gay' moment... because im still kinda undecided...
    but when ever im with my friends and they say something about how annoying their bf is, i think 'im so glad i dont like guys'

or a guy will be being a dickhead and and i think 'and people wonder why i dont like guys'

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

lol I get that all the time. I used to always remark how stupid it was that such and such a cute young woman went off with whichever ugly older guy in films and whatever, and be like "why is she with him??". I think sometimes the female actors are actually better looking than the males. But still, I have always been saying that. I would always be like "She is way too good for him!" at every other film I watched :lol:

15. John Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have them more often now. I have to agree - they can be nice. However it'd be fun to share it with someone - purely to see the expression on their face but I'm not ready yet, and haven't got the balls big enough to give anything significant away.

16. VomAnderenUfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Back when I thought I was straight, I despaired about all the beautiful women who were going out with not-so-good-looking guys. I still despair, but now I understand why.

17. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like, Juno and Bleeker.

Now, my idea of a decent storyline is Juno breaks up with Bleeker and starts fancying Vanessa; Vanessa breaks up with Mark and starts fancying Juno; Juno has the baby and gives it to Vanessa, but she loves Vanessa too much so she ends up becoming Vanessa's lover, and they live happily ever after. And the bit where Juno's friend asks Vanessa if she's gay, Vanessa should have said yes.

I was like, 'I must be so gay just for thinking all this.'

#17 GlindaRose, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  18. atofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    has any one in the UK seen the malteasers adverts? *drools*

19. Chamber of Life

Yes, I've had one of those moments.

When I was in 8th grade and my third girl friend. She was the first girl I kissed and every time we kissed I was like "Yuck!, Yes I'm gay" It was really funnny. After while I got use to it and it was like taking a english test.

20. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Today. All day long. I checked out 20 guys minimum while at uni. I also thought that if I could I'd sex this straight guy, watched Cold Case and thought that two of the guys were super hot...

Yeah, I'm gay.