1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Signs Where You Live

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sdc91, Feb 29, 2008.

1. sdc91

The pictures thread got me thinking about this.

Okay, since we all live in different countries around the world, I was wondering the "gay signs" are in the place where you live. (Keep in mind this is just "stereotypical" and not every gay person has this)

For example, where I live:

-A pierced right ear means you're gay (if your left ear is pierced, also, then more piercings on the right ear means you're gay; vice-versa, if your left ear is the only pierced ear or if it has more piercings than your right ear, then you're straight)

-A pierced right eyebrow means you're gay

-A white belt means you're gay

So, are the signs different for where you live?

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

The belt and eyebrow ones dont exist here.

Mainly the big one here is, If your making out with another guy, then you're usually gay

3. InaRut

If you have sex with men your gay over here

4. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

haha Me and my gay white belt! :eusa_doh: But yeah around here I've never heard of the "white belt" thing either.

5. Jeimuzu

:slight_smile: I thought you were talking about the billboards that Stonewall have up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Suprisingly that's not one here

7. Paralyzer

Haha XD Nice observation

It's really too hard for me to tell right now.. Guys of all classes wear gay looking clothing... some gays have low pitched voices as well as high.. and it's just too jumbled for me to tell.

I'd say the biggest hint is having a rainbow article on

#7 Paralyzer, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  8. InaRut

Yea all joking aside usually the gays around here COVER themselves with rainbows.
    Belts...buttons...wrists...lol

My friend even has lesbian buttons on her bag. It's so awesome :grin:

9. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Okay, Im gonna be all serious now ( I know, you're thinking " What, Ryan, Being SERIOUS, that's crazy talk" but its not )

There really are no signs, I mean even if even a guy is "flambouiant" that doesnt mean hes gay. Its called Metrosexual and I hate them 'cause they confuse me so much, plus I could make a list of signs but I couldnt even say that anything on that list of things would be true about myself because some gay guys like myself arent really that "Flambouiant". So yeah, thats just my two cents

10. Ty

Ty Guest

hmmm well if your found to be skipping and singing Madonna songs in public, then its generally considered that you are a ho-mo-sex-ual.

11. KatoKumi

....I live in California.

So anything you do is gay.
    X_x;

12. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I agree with the right ear thing. My friends say i "float" when I walk and we saw this cutie when we were going to the mall and my friend was checking him out and he was floatin so yeah.

13. Emile

Emile Guest

Same here :confused:

14. step49x

Hmm, can't say I know of any. Yeah, metros kinda mess everything up here, too... lol

As far as the pierced ear thing, I don't think anyone in my area really knows which ear means what, now. I certainly don't...

I think we should bring back the handkerchief code. :slight_smile:

15. Brett

Well since I'm a band nerd, the two biggest signs for me are

1)Playing the flute (and enjoting all of the flute parties)

2) Being in the colorguard

But the weird thing is that the guy flute and the guy colorguad member we have are both straight.....

16. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

as far as you know :icon_wink

17. NobodyKnows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    any other indications?

18. sdc91

Dunno, right ear is pretty much surefire here and a white belt is relatively accurate.

No one else has posted any signs where they live. I heard in Europe the left ear is the gay ear in some places. Anyway, these are just signs. I'm not saying that every gay person has them and not every person who has them is gay (but there's more of a chance that they are).

19. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pierced right ear, pierced right eybrow and white belt? If a guy had all those he still wouldn't be 'suspected' to be gay where I live, at all. Unfortunately there's not much that you can rely on here...there's lots of emos and metrosexuals and guys that wear pink and lots of jewellery and the majority of them are very straight and they have no idea how gay they look. :eusa_doh:

And believe it or not, I have never ever, in my entire 21 years of life, seen 2 guys holding hands or kissing or doing anything that would make them obviously gay. Everybody's hiding in the closet....there are no support groups, no GSA, no PFLAG, no nothing.:tantrum: :bang: OK I'm way off topic, I just got a bit carried away :dry:

20. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well here in Scouseland (Liverpool for those of you unaware of the term scouser :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) breathing out of line is ghey. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's mainly the usual stereotypes that make you ghey. If you don't speak hardcore scouse and you are a scouser than you are ghey. Fooools i tell ye. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: