1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RANT RANT RANT 'Oh that's alright. As long as you don't hit on me.'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ohthecuriousity, Jan 13, 2013.

1. ohthecuriousity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Something that has been bothering me for a while now is when gays/lesbians/bisexuals/pansexuals come out, their friends or even people that they don't even know well (same sex if gay/lesbian, and sex if bi/pansexual) say things like,

'Oh that's alright. As long as you don't hit on me.'

The thing that bothers me about this is that these ignorant people (I'm not saying all straight people) just automatically assume that every homosexual wants to fuck every girl/guy and that every bi/pansexual wants to fuck, well, everyone. (I know pansexuals don't really care about genders but usually transgender/sexuals etc aren't the ones that assume this.) It's like, what the fuck, why would you just assume this? If you were to put this in another context, you'd be saying that every straight guy would want to fuck every girl, vice versa. Which is not true. Unless you're a slut. Whether being straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual etc, we're all still human. We're all humans that become sexually attracted, emotionally attached, in love with other people. People that catch our eye. Special people that fill the hole in our hearts, exactly the way straight people would fall in love. How are non-straight people any different? Well, unless you're asexual. Anyway, this is quite poorly explained in my opinion but do you guys see what I'm trying to say here? I hope I'm not the only one feeling frustrated about this.

Secondly, what makes them think we'd hit on them anyway? Sounds like some people out there are a bit ahead of themselves. Back to if we were to switch this around a bit. It's not like a lesbian tells her guy friend, 'We're only going to be friends as long as you don't have any feelings for me.' Once again, it's the whole fucking assumption people love to make.

Which brings me to my third point, so what if I were to hit on you? So what if a lesbian starts crushing on a girl she just met who said, 'As long as you don't hit on me.' And the same with guys. Even if the feeling's not mutual, shouldn't you be flattered that someone has taken interested in you? I certainly would, guy or girl. Or even if a transgendered/sexual were to take an interest in me. You don't have to like them back. You can reject them if you don't swing that way. But why must you pull a fucking face and be like 'ew.' Just because you're straight and they're not? If we were to swap it around again and say it was a straight guy falling for a straight girl who didn't have mutual feelings. No matter how she would reject him, it wouldn't be anything like how an ignorant person would reject a gay/lesbian when being approached.

Why do some people do this? We're all expected to treat others with respect and equality, and though that is not always possible, we do what we can. And then ignorant little fucks like THESE PEOPLE go and say this. It doesn't make any one who is not straight equal. We know many people out there who say things like, 'If my freind/s came out and ended up not being straight, I'd treat them the same,' and then they say shit like this. It just pisses me off. How can we love in an 'equal, fair society' that many many people would dream of when some of those same people say stupid shit shit like this? The bottom line is, people fail to understand, people fail to realise that whatever sexual orientation, people are people. People get attracted to whatever they're attracted to. People flirt with whoever they'd like. People take interest in certain people. People do all this. People are fucking people and I just don't understand why some people, even now (I mean, come on, we're in the 21st century now) don't fucking understand that attraction is attraction. That love is love.

Okay that was fairly long. But you know, a rant's a rant. Sorry if you got bored. I just had to voice my opinion about this. It's really been something I wanted to voice out, even before realising I was bisexual. I wanna know if anyone agrees or disagrees so leave a reply and I'll read every single one.

2. prism

My favorite response in that type of situation has always been a stern "Don't flatter yourself." ;P

People say stupid things when they don't understand something. It takes patience from both sides. Instead of getting upset, take the minute that it would require to explain that being attracted to girls doesn't mean that you're attracted to every girl.

3. ohthecuriousity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha I like that come back.

This hasn't happened to me as the people I have come out to aren't straight and get offended by this also. I'm speaking for my friends who have gone through this. I think it irritates me than them haha.

4. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have never had this happen, but maybe I have not come out to anyone excessively ignorant yet. hee

Sometimes I think this happens frequently to other people because there still seems to be a common idea that homosexual people are hypersexual. I also sometimes think, from stories I have heard, that some people feel awkward when another person comes out to them and are kidding, trying to lighten the mood.

As for hitting on someone I know is not attracted to be due to their sexual orientation, well, I would not do it. I feel awkward when someone I am not attracted to hits on me.
    On another sort of related note, I have known a few straight men who were flattered when another man checked them out or hit on them... They are all secure fellows, of course. ...one of them told me he thinks gay men have better taste in men than straight women, so he feels hotter when a guy checks him out >_>

5. Gen

Gen

Preach Sister. ^(~_~).......

I am normally such a kind soul. I always try my best to make sure that my words never make anyone feel less of themselves or their appearance. But if you say this to me, I will dissect you on a petri dish. I will dig into you so hard, it will be psychological ground-zero. Dont try to assume who I find appealing. Since they are apparantly so concerned with how I feel about their looks, I will save us all time and give my full and blatant opinion.

Ok, that one is kind of cute lol.

#5 Gen, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  6. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My planned response to anyone that suggests that I might have any inclination to be attracted to them just because I'm gay: "B**** please! Don't flatter yourself, just 'cause gay don't mean that i find you attractive."

it sounds cooler in my head, just trust me on this one.

7. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it pisses me off as well, your like OMG just because i like_______ doesnt mean i want to date you!!!

8. jutwanahaveboys

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Though it can be quite annoying, not all people who utter this response are being serious.
    I had one friend who responded this way, but it was clear he was trying to be funny to defuse the tension of me coming out to him.

10. IrisM

I understand where you're coming from. I've seen that very thing happen numerous times. I tend to follow the golden rule, if anyone seems to be checking me out I immediately turn around and look for the person they are really checking out because it's obviously not me. If there is no person behind me, I turn around and raise an eyebrow, then point at myself as if to say "Me? .... On Purpose?"

11. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had a crush on someone years ago, which developed partly after the conversation in question, the kid was in my class and suspected I was gay the moment I first got to know him (college at the time) and kept saying things like ''No, don't even think about taking pictures of me so you can jerk off at them'' and (in a dark sensual voice), ''right now I really want a hot cock in my mouth'', this was all in front of his friends by the way, and entirely a hurtful joke. I thought he was beautiful, but he was also a dick.

Thing is that he was right about my suspicions, I was gay, but I didn't ever jerk off when I thought about him, although I did jerk off when I thought about one of his friends whom I thought was better looking. I just thought he had a pretty face but that's where it ended. His suspicions were always that I had something for him, which wasn't exactly the case. Unfortunately many people I know think like that, but in reality it's no more different than a heterosexual experience in terms of interests.

12. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, yes, yes! I was just thinking about this yesterday and it's extremely annoying. It actually sounds a bit narcissistic to me, to assume that someone would hit on you because of who they are or aren't attracted to. And why would I hit on you anyway now that you've said that?

13. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. l don't get it IRL, most people wouldn't comr out and say it.

but online some women l talk to know l'm into women. They weren't talking about me specifically but some talk about "creepy'' experiences with lesbians.

Funny thing l was presumed to be male on that site for the LONGEST and am still thought to be by some people. Because these women are...unstable, lol.

They don't know what l look like. l hate to say that l'm more femme specifically because l don't want to seem masculine and "creepy" but that might be part of it.

Aside from that though, l'm honestly cute(lol) and usually this deters girls from saying OMG EW AS LONG YOU NEVER HIT ON ME!!! OMG but not always.

You look pretty cute too so it's not always the case xD

Also it's hilarious to me which types just think l would be into them. l think they feel same way about men so l'm not totally insulted. They just think "l'm a girl, l'm GIRLY and pretty enough. Of course every man and all lesbians must find me attractive and desirable." But they're like...not cute. Covered in makeup and hair extensions to resemble something cute and usually not smart either.

And then l can tell when those types are trying to talk to me like l'm the less girly, fugly one and l just keep loling.

#13 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  14. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just look at the person who says that to you and in a louder voice say, what? I can't hear you, why don't you come off that high white horse of yours

15. ok455

I never had anyone said that to me before usually people would joke around with me. I used to have one guy say don't rape me or look at my ass but i new he was joking.

Now if i came out to a straight guy and he said that and i knew he was serious, i would quietly distance my self from him and stop being his friend.

16. Lewis

Straight people think their irresistible to gay people of the same gender. Just because I like men, doesn't mean I like you!

17. ForceAndVerve

If anyone said that to me, I can imagine whipping out this face:

[​IMG]

18. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I got that response only once, and I said this excatly (even in english, but I had to translate to him "¡Que no pares las plumas, guajolote!" I said).

19. Delta

"Don't worry, even gay people have standards."

"Ew, no."

"People hit on you?"

I say fight jackassery with jackassery. :wink:

20. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I love all three of these, probably going to use them at some point.