1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I have been just asked out? help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jutwanahaveboys, Jan 14, 2013.

1. jutwanahaveboys

So fellas, heres the story.

I am into event planning, right? So i met this guy which happens to be another event planner and we decided to host an event together in a nightclub in the capital city. we are both 19, and event planning is kindof in these days. so heres what happend, we met just once, talked about things, (business mostly), made our deal and started working and organizing. everything was done through watsapp, and it was always strictly business.

so he calls me today to talk about something regarding the event, and after we dealt with the issue, he asked me if Id like to go have a drink with him in a pub sometime. I said yes, so he said awesome Wednesday are you free? I said yes, and we agreed to meet on wednesday and basically "go out somewhere". He doesnt know Im gay, and I dont know if he is, but I mean he does wear blue contact lences and wear big white watches so IDK...

Im kindof scared a bit. what do you think his intentions might be? I mean we are strictly business partners and never spoke about anything else... and its not customary at all to guys to "do that" where I am, so how do you think I should deal with this? plus I did ask him if the meeting was about business and he said sure we can talk about that too if you like - making it sound as if its just to get to know eachother and not about business.

I must remind you all homosexuality is not that acceptable in my country, and most gays are closeted. so would he even dare and be so risky about it?

help!

2. IanGallagher

To me it sounds like he might be interested in you as a friend. As two guys working on the same project as each other trying to get more acquainted so working together can go easier. People do that (straight people do that) all the time when starting up some new venture with no intentions involved other than getting to know the person you're working with.

That said was that all or is there any flirtation going on before that? Because from just that it sounds rather innocent and I can't say he's gay or bi from just that.

3. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When you say it's not acceptable, do you mean it's illegal or just not largely accepted?

Just from what you've mentioned, I'd just try going into the meet-up as though it was nothing more than a casual, friendly get-together and see how things play out. :slight_smile:

4. jutwanahaveboys

well No, no flirtation what so ever, but as straight guys might do that in the states or England, they don't do that here at all. it is both illegal and widely not accepted, but even thou it is illegal there is almost 100% tolerance by the police.

5. IanGallagher

I'm pretty sure guys meeting to get to know each other as friends to work better on a project isn't illegal. As said, unless there's more to this he doesn't even seem to be gay... unless guys don't hang out period even after work as JUST friends or co-workers.?

6. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hate to dissapoint you, but yeah, just sounds like two guys grabbing a drink, chatting about work. A tradition that's been done for thousands of years lol.