1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abortion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jim, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jim

Jim

I was just wondering what you guys thought about abortion.

Personally I'm definitely pro-choice. I can't imagine what I'd do if I got pregnant and couldn't abort... Men aren't meant to get pregnant! D:

2. if i ever got pregnant through an awful thing happening to me, i probably couldnt abort the baby. i would give it up for adoption as many couples cant have children and it would be the best thing.

that would be the only way i would ever get pregnant as i dont want kids of my own tyvm.
    my own body i couldnt abort a baby, but everyone else can do as they wish. i dont have to agree with it as its not my body so i dont have a say.

i only dont like it and want to just dsbahjgashj when people think abortion is a form of birth control so they can go out and not have safe sex. NO IT IS NOT.

3. Jim

Jim

Yes I totally agree. Abortion is NOT birth control.

4. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Not preferable because it prevents a potential life, however each pregnant person should have the right to choose.

If I ever became pregnant, I wouldn't even try to justify myself. I'd just say "Please kill this parasite, doctor." It's a good thing I can't become pregnant.

5. TheUglyBarnacle

:roflmao:

I am pro-choice, btw.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pro-choice. Women should have the right to do what they want to their body by safe and legal means.

7. Up to the women herself
    I also consider the point that If men can get Pregnant, they would be giving out abortions at the Walmart.

8. FruitFly

Each must make the decision that is best for them, as such I support the provision of accurate information regarding abortion and access to services that facilitate it. I would rather people have the option of a legal abortion clinic than a backstreet abortionist or do it yourself miscarriages.

On a purely personal level abortion is not something I consider an option, with the exception being an abortion that has been recommended on medical grounds.

9. angella

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Prevention is better than cure, if you don't wanna have a baby you will run for unprotected sex, or can you abstain at all? I am doubting that already

10. hello1992

I personally dont have a problem with it, people should have the right to do as they please. I think it it can be worse to bring a child into the world when you cannot support it.

In my opinion abortion should be done for the right reasons and not just because of it not being the right time.

I also do believe that life is special and so i don't like the idea of aborting a fetus once it becomes more than just a bunch of cells but actually resembles and organism.

11. photoguy93

All of my friends are girls - so this topic means a lot to me.

I have all sorts of situations with my friends - one who honestly sticks to her birth control. Another one missed doses and guess what? She's due soon!

Frankly, I am 1000 percent pro choice. I love babies. I know I would have trouble having an abortion if I were a girl. But who would find it easy? No one. It is a tough decision. But an abortion is truly the best choice in some situations. Too many young people are treating babies like they are toys. IT IS A HUMAN. My grandma had my mom at a young age, but it was different then. It's almost like people think they are so entitled today.

12. GayJay

i dont agree with abortion as im my veiw you are killing a life. I think giving the child for adoption is the best option, as personally i will never have my own child but would love to adopt.
    The child has its right to live and abortion takes that away, however in some extreme cases the woman may not be able to carry the child like in rape cases ect... so abortion is prehaps a considerable option. And should then be done by the womans own choice.
    But id you are having the child from your own doing, then i think it is wrong to abort it.

13. ForceAndVerve

I'm pro choice but I do believe in there being a strict cut off period.

This too. I think a big part of it is education. But you're right in regards to people's attitudes to having babies.

14. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Abortion is wrong. End of story. I know someone who was raped and kept the baby and she has never regret keeping that beautiful baby for a second. Now is has a whole family and is happily married. I also know plenty of people who have been devastated after a miscarriage and are so thankful for adoption. There is a solution and no reason to terminate a pregnancy when there is someone out there who will love that baby.

15. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I won't get into the personal details why, but I'm pro-life. :slight_smile:

16. vyvance

I'm adopted and I'm thankful for that, but I'm still completely pro-choice. Women should have the right to do what they want with their bodies.

Forcing a woman to go through all the pain and discomfort of carrying a baby to term against her will seems a bit like torture to me.

17. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess my problem with prolife is that the argument leads others to believe they have a right to dictate what happens wit my uterus and body. It's no one's business what goes in with my reproductive organs except mine. It seems barbaric and archaic to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her own body. Just because a woman's body is the vessel in which life is created, doesn't mean everyone else gets a day in how it's treated.

18. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Abortions should be safe, legal, and readily available. The need for abortions should be decreased through teaching preventative safe sex in all schools and making contraceptives even more readily available for all people.

19. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pro life.

20. I don't particularly like the idea of abortion, but at the same time the adoption system cannot handle the effects off all the abortions coming to term instead. We've got too many unwanted kids as it is, and we can't take a massive influx. I've also never seen any evidence that a fetus feels or knows much of anything. Until I do, I won't see halting it's development as murder.