1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow! Raymond burr was gay! I had no clue

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Wow so I had heard of him before for his role in perry mason so I watched a little bit and I would have never thought he was gay EVER until I heard my grandmother today she said "I remember that Raymond burr such a pity he was a homosexual" so I googled it as ya he was gay! Wow!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I don't think I knew that either.

Though... when you think about it, a pretty large portion of male actors are poofs (though a lot of them are closeted.) Nobody remotely thought Rock Hudson was a poof until it came out that he had AIDS.

3. aspiecarer

and what about John Wayne?
    Macho picture or what?

4. Deaf Not Blind

well, i do know he was married and a child died. it was on TV and the actress who played Della Street was almost crying.

5. sunnii

I didn't know who that was until I found out it was Perry mason. Learn something new everyday

6. RainbowBright

Yeah, I used to watch Perry Mason all the time as a kid, and I developed this huge weird crush on Raymond Burr. Then in high school I found out he was gay - and finally my crush made sense! My gaydar strikes again, lol!

I am still a big fan. I visited his Seashell Museum in S. FL., it is actually a really cool place, and I love that he loved seashells and learning about marine life as much as I do! I highly recommend you check it out if anyone is down there - I think it's in Sanibel, FL, if I remember right.