1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts on Metros who act gay to get girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Owen, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

So, I was at this party, and there was a guy there who I could tell was gay. He had the voice, the mannerisms, the cloths, the dance moves, he had it all. Then, as the party wore on, I slowly found out that he only acted gay to get girls to trust him. He would never tell them that he was gay because they would assume it, then, when he got close to them as friends, he'd go in for the relationship.

How do you guys feel about this? I personally resent it. For the first few months after I came out, a lot of my female friends thought I was one of these guys because I am so straight acting and I would pretend to flirt with them. It took a couple "He's so hot"s to get them to believe that I wasn't trying to get in their pants.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If that is their personality then that is fine, but if they are acting like that to lure them into a false impression in the vain hope he can have a relationship with them then he is an idiot.

He seems to be enforcing that dreaded flamboyant stereotype that gays have. That itself annoys me as you should only be like that if that is your personality. Using it for personal gain is just silly. It shows insecurity to me if you need to adopt a false persona in order to get girls to like you.

3. darkestknight

I'm not flamboyant, but I'm pretty okay with the girls group I guess. :slight_smile:

4. Levi

Levi Guest

Pretending to be gay to get girls is like pretending to be handicapped to get good parking spots..

ok, maybe not lol

5. JWAD

JWAD Guest

Personally I agre with Martin. I know a straight guys that genuinly does appear gay but doesnt do it for attention on the other hand I know at least 3 guys that act gay just for attention and to get close to girls, two of them even pretended they were seeing each other just to make girls jealose. If they're one of the later then I'm completely against them, it makes coming out for straight acting gay guys so much harder to convince people (especially girls) that they're telling the truth.

6. interstella

omg my friend does that it really pisses my off. he is the ultimate metro - he spent £45 on a calvin klein bracelet for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think anyone who deliberately pretends to be something they are not for personal gain is a jackass.

That being said, I also hate it when people flirt and don't mean it, so I can understand how people had trouble sorting you out initially. People should only flirt (a) when they mean it or (b) when they know for 100% certain that the people they're flirting with understand it's not serious. Anything else is leading people on, in my opinion.

Letting people knowingly assume something about you that isn't true is definitely a form of deception, which is why people in the closet tend to get sick of it eventually. True, it's not the same as outright actively lying but it certainly isn't the same as correcting people's misassumptions, which is what people generally do. If someone were to express that they thought I would be anti-social because I have a computer science degree (for instance), I would totally correct them. Or if they thought I loved shopping for clothes because I'm gay, I'd definitely let them know their mistake.

Now if they thought I wasn't into musicals because that would be too stereotypical, I'd also have to say something. :lol:

8. Levi

Levi Guest

People pretending to be gay to get girls are like people wearing classes to look smart when they don't really need them...

No? Hrmm, I will find a good analogy sooner or later.

9. Alexander

I don't mind metrosexuals as long as they are that way anyway. But if it's a scam to get girls, it's effing dumb.

10. kevinx519

lol levi you crack me up.

11. jroakwood

oh wow. metros just confuse me.
    the throw off the gaydar. like... major.

12. CrimsonThunder

Maybe that is him. >_>

13. Fox

Fox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Melbourne, there is a main gay precinct (commercial rd), with about 5 gay clubs all lined up in a row. On the other side, is a very metro/muzza club. Some of them dress more gay than my most flamboyant friends.
    An ex mate of mine one day asked if I could take him shopping for clothes because I 'am gay, therefore must know how to pick good clothes'. So I took him, and he ended up saying
    "I can't wait to dress like a faggot. The chicks will let me touch their tits without caring".

He kept going on like that, and starting bagging gays more and more, until I broke his nose.
    He knew I was gay.
    Unfortunately people like this exist.. try to use the gay stereotype to their advantage.
    Disgusting IMO.

14. Wired106

lol haha. I don't think it is too bad because its not like they suddenly change when they actually start going out with the girl. But then again I don't know many if any at all of them so I don't know how they act after and what they do and ya.

15. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those who are naturally like that, okay. Those who are acting, shoot them. I don't like fake people.

16. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah, I think thats quite a good simile :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Reminds me of 'Over her dead body' - the psychic's supposedly 'gay best friend' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: has anyone else seen this film?

[​IMG]

17. CrimsonThunder

Me and grant went there. ^^

18. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gods, yeah... that subplot was just AWWWWWWWFUL! It's like... what? Is this the 1980s or something?

That was such a useless movie overall and that subplot was just ridiculous. As if any straight guy would pretend to be gay for FIVE YEARS to get with a woman--and as if any self-respecting woman would get involved with him once she found that out!

19. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What, so he was acting in a way that you assumed meant he was gay because you know, all gay people act like that. And then it turned out he was not gay?!? What an evil liar!

Or, perhaps, that's just how he wants to act. I mean, you said it in the title "metro", he's just following the metrosexual fashion. If that messes with your stereotypes, then tough, deal with it.

And what is this stuff about someone not acting like that if they aren't like that? It's just a style, like acting 'goth' or 'preppy' or whatever. If that's something they want to do, leave them to it. It's not like it hurts anyone.