1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I'm bi or lesbian or what?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confused94, Jan 15, 2013.

1. confused94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there, I'm an 18 year old female and extremely unsure about my sexual orientation. I know it's not always important to put a label on it, and that isn't necessarily what I'm looking for, rather I'd just love to hear your opinions on what I'm feeling I guess, especially if anyone has heard of or experienced anything similar. As early as 5 I remember having a 'crush' on a female teacher of mine, and the same thing happened when I was 11. I used to write her poems (aww) and I remember feeling really sad and jealous when I found out she was having a baby, but this makes me wonder whether I had some kind of mother attachment to her rather than a crush? Anyway I've had small crushes on guys but never anything serious and I've never had a long-term relationship with one. When I think about films I've watched it's always the woman who's stuck out to me rather than the man. However I don't think I've ever had a crush on a girl my age. I had really strong, intense feelings for a woman 20 years older than me who was straight. I mean I think i was in love with her and thought of her constantly and missed her when I didn't see her and she made me feel so happy when I wa around her; however I would say my feeling were purely romantic/emotional as there seemed to be no sexual desire for her. However I have had sexual desire for men before but I have never felt a strong emotional feeling for a man and when my friends were all crying and obsessing over boys at school I didn't really go through the same thing. The intensity of my feelings for the woman I mentioned felt like the 'real deal' but then again I don't know whether I wanted a relationship with her, it was more just to be liked by her and be in her company all the time? I can't imagine feelings that strongly about a man but I haven't spent that much time around guys I guess. I feel so unusual and confused and would love some thoughts on this. :icon_sad:

2. MerBear

this will probably will be moved to support and advice so you can get more answers.
    im still figuring out my feelings as well