1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Silvails52, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Silvails52

Out of my own curiosity, I wonder how many gay men are looking for love. And I don't mean sex right on the first date. I want a long-term relationship, and I don't know how many others are looking for that too. All I really hear about are the websites full of guys looking for one-night stands and just sex. So what about you?

2. jaysuss

I am looking for long term but I only seem to find some whirlwind distractions. I want it to go long term but the distractions are quite fun as well.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really looking to date anyone right now since I have so many of my own issues to workout before then, if I ever do. Plus I really need to focus on school I wouldn't be able to devote enough time to them! If someone amazing comes along I think I may be willing to try to date someone. So for now, not really looking for dates. But I do occasionally want some "fun." So I guess you could technically say I'm just looking for sex. But that sounds so bad.

4. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I have never dated anybody, but I know that when I begin, I will be looking for a long-term relationship.

5. AaronG

AaronG Guest

I want to find love, i'm really against one night stands and such. Maybe one day we'll both find that special someone.

6. I do! I mean ideally haha I don't know when I'll find love but definitely a guy to connect with, cuddle with, watch movies with, joke around with etc. yeah I'm sure the sexual part would be nice but that's certainly not a priority.

7. jargon

Not technically a gay man, but I've dated a few guys and always in the spirit of finding a romantic partner, not just sex. At this point in my life I've only had sex with people who I was in love with, and I hope to keep that record up.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I have always wanted both, but for the longest time there I was only looking for sex.

Then my current boyfriend came around, we still had sex in the first-date, and now its been a year and 4 months since we started dating.

People are complicated creatures. Its completely possible to be looking for both things at the same time and still be able to find love :slight_smile:

9. leer

am ready to get into dating again yes my last dated we got together and that lasted 6 months I just want to get dating and have some fun . have a few people in mind kind of friends of friends around my age .

10. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am also longing for a (hopefully) life-long relationship. Weather or not we have children is for the climate to decide, but hopefully someday 'yes'!~

I really wouldn't mind getting my freak on first though, get a few one-nighters in just to see what it's like.. I'm just afraid of catching something. x_x

I dunno, I guess what they say is true. "You know you're ready for love when all your motives are right'. For the time being I think i'm going to be single, and i'm going to have fun with it~ >:3

#10 Shadowsettler, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  11. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kind of want a bit of both, but I mostly want to have a long-term relationship with someone. Then again I also need some sex, getting a lot of sexual frustration as of late.

12. ForceAndVerve

As far as I'm concerned, friends first, boyfriends after. I just can't imagine jumping into a relationship or having sex with someone I don't or bearly know. :/

I think being casual sex craved pigs is one of the worst sterotypes gay men face.

13. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you can have both, it's just a matter of finding a person that's on your "wave-length" so to speak~ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I do feel apprehensive about it as well. I haven't lost my black cherry to anyone and I have that sentiment that makes me want to give it to "the man that I love"... I dunno, I hear it's a bunch of fairy-tales. After all, I have dated 2 women in the past. I'm pretty sure the common denominator carries over to the gay side of the spectrum. x'D

#13 Shadowsettler, Jan 16, 2013
  14. Brenny

I only want a relationship. No one-nighters. I suppose I'm looking through rose tinted glasses but I want sex to be something that is meaningful.. or at least with someone who actually cares about me and isn't looking to just get off.

15. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I don't get "screwed over" yes, I definitely agree. I don't want my heart broken twice, but I don't see sleeping around as a viable option, even though it's a possibility. I'm open to almost anything.

#15 Shadowsettler, Jan 16, 2013
  16. tea123

tea123 Guest

I've never actually dated anyone before, I've asked a few girls out on dates before in the past but never actually got anywhere and was turned down every time (being led on is a bitch).

I'd love a long-term relationship though, to me the sex would be a bonus in the grand scheme of things. Just being in a loving relationship with someone who likes me for who I am would be nice.

#16 tea123, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
  17. falsereading

falsereading Guest

I hate to sound all high and mighty but when I see "NSA fun" or whatever on some of these websites they just are an instant turn off to me so yes there are people out there who want the opposite!

18. vyvance

Huge fear of STIs keeps me from having any desire to ever have casual sex, so I'm only interested in a long-term relationship.

19. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sold on that point, among others. I'm just frusturated...

20. Given To Fly

The whole idea of casual sex is a complete turn off for me. I have issues with my body and confidence, it takes a while for me to even talk comfortably with anyone, so jumping straight into bed would not happen for me.

I've lived without sex for the last 9+ years, so it's no great hardship for me to wait a little longer for that special someone :astonished: