1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to become closer to someone without seeming weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andane, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Andane

So there's this guy I've had a few classes with, and for the first half of this year we've sat next to each other and became friendly with each other, and I kinda developed a bit of a crush on him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We still see each other often and converse sometimes, but it seems like we're just at this "school friend/acquaintance" level and I'd really like to become better friends with him but it'd just be really awkward to walk up and ask "you wanna hang out sometime?"

I dunno, maybe I'm just being socially awkward, but you know those types of people who are your "friends" but only at school or something and you don't really hang out with them outside, so it'd seem weird to just ask them. As much as I'd like to :confused:

2. koilfong

koilfong Guest

well, you have to remember that all friendships started at the same place you were strangers and you risked then there was a reward. the same applies here. and you dont have to exactly ask straight forward, ask to go study then just build from there.

3. jargon

The next time you talk with him, bring up some things that you like to do or some personal interests and see if he says he likes any of the same things. If he does, theres your excuse to suggest hanging out.

4. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand perfectly. Most of the 'friends' I've had were only the in-school type and either I didn't consider hanging out with them outside of school or felt awkward about trying to do so.

I'm not sure whether you have any friends you hang with outside of school, but as awkward as it is I would strongly suggest just trying to ask him if he'd like to hang out sometime. If you've gotten to be fairly good friends, then I doubt he'd refuse; if it's still at the point where you're still getting to know one another it would be a completely natural way of trying to strengthen a friendship.

Basically, I think you already know what you can do, you just need to make yourself do it. :slight_smile:

5. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find that shared interests work best, in my case it was DnD.

6. Just sit down with them at school, be easygoing, just laugh and smile a lot to to be friendly, form a connection (you'll know it when you feel it) and discuss a common interest, something you've never tried before, or something Of that nature. Then, you can be like "Dude we should totally go there/ do that sometime." It always works if you say it, but if you're too shy to say it they will most likely end up saying something like that, from experiences I've had atleast.

7. Silverbells000

This is good advice, I'll have to give it a try :slight_smile:

8. hello1992

I know exactly what you mean. there's a few people who i would like to get to be good friends with. I dont have a crush on some of them, but i just think we got on well together, but we met through friends so dont really know how to find an excuse to talk :S

9. agonizingnose

just say "we should chill sometime" works every time