1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would a straight guy say this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoWithTheFlow, Jan 15, 2013.

1. My friend said something to me that just got me wondering...He put his arm around me and was like "We should f**k." I know it was clearly a joke, but I don't think i'd ever say that to any of my guy friends and I can't imagine any of my straight guy friends ever saying that...it just sounds kind of iffy to me. I see guys joke on facebook all the time, commenting on each other's pictures with "cutie" and stuff like that, but this just sounds different to me. I don't know. I could be totally off anyways.

2. FranklinK

Well I think if he was serious about it he would have pulled you off to the side and would have been extremely discreet about it. He probably would have seemed apprehensive about asking you to do something that extreme without coming out to you first. Guys say stupid shit all the time I wouldn't stress over it.

3. SkyDiver

You never know with straight guy. They're a crazy species and they'll never hesitate to mess around with you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I agree with you, that's highly unusual, but you never know. Does he joke around with others like that? Is he generally that kind of person?

I've had 100% straight guys kiss me on the cheek, grab my butt, confess their love for me... straight guys should come with manuals. :dry:

4. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have heard many straight guys joke around like this, but gay people just won't do this. They will not just blurt that out, in fear that they will forced out of the closet. It was most likely him just joking.

5. you're right guys haha I just kind of started to wonder since I of course have that on my mind (even though no one knows it yet haha), so I decided to take his typical guy comment too seriously.

6. SkyDiver

Do you like this guy?

7. Alexander69

Just sayin behind every joke is some truth! So hey maybe he finds you sexy just sayin!

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2013 at 10:16 PM ----------

Not exactly true, when I wasn't out id go up to guys and be like let's fuck! They would laugh I'd be like no seriously ill suck you off? And the I'd be like I'm fucking kidding! Although people questioned my sexuality all the time..... Meh that's why I said behind a joke is some truth because I did want to suck the guys I'd say it to off. Maybe he is gay/bi/straight/bicurious!!

8. aeva

First, are you out to him? That could change things a little bit...

I wouldn't take it too seriously. Just because he says that, I wouldn't assume he's gay (or even curious). Two of my 100% straight guy friends are always sort of flirty with each other. They'll cuddle or hold hands for a few moments, call each other "my love", talk about their imaginary sex lives, grope each other or pretend they're about to kiss...on a daily basis. Sometimes one or two of my other friends will sort of "play gay" to make another guy uncomfortable too (all in good fun, of course).

9. jp16

Well i think his just joking. A lot of my straight classmate always joke about gays or imitating what feminine gays do and sometimes they sit on another one's lap and mimic sex sound...really annoying.

10. Everyone just reminded me why straight guys suck.

11. tea123

tea123 Guest

Sounds like a joke to me, guys do stuff like that all the time.

12. jdeb1992

Most straight guys do it and it can be quite annoying.... I had to tell these two guys at work to stop, and later one was gay bashing and I swear he is in the closet.

13. To answer some people above, he doesn't know i'm gay, nor does anyone else at the school. I also know he wasn't straight up asking me to have sex, but I'm from one of the most liberal places in the world with one of the largest gay populations, so any guy who would say something like that out there would usually are questioned haha. Anyways, I completely agree with you guys, he was most likely joking around. Thanks for the input.

14. Deaf Not Blind

I thought the gay ones did the sucking? :confused:

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2013 at 08:42 AM ----------

Do a quick come back next time!

"You think it will fit?"

or

"I think you are already pretty fukd up!"

15. Lewis

My friend says shit like that all of the, it was probably just a joke.

16. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Straight people do stuff like this often... blissfully unaware of the hours we spend processing what it might mean and how it could effect our friendships. "Does he want me? Does he love me? Does he really wanna screw me!?!"

I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it. You wouldn't BELIEVE what my "straight" girl friends have said to me....

17. Yeah I agree. It must be hard being a girl that likes girls sometimes because girls joke around all the time that they are "lovers" and lesbians and they also stare at each other all the time even though it doesn't mean they like you. Anyways, I wish I had a lesbian friend! Haha. about this guy, I'll just forget about it, But he just gives me a vibe in general regardless of this comment. The point is I wouldn't be surprised if he was gay. I guess it's just going to be easier to meet guys you know are gay or bi. Also I apologize for my grammar; blame it on my phone! :slight_smile:

18. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They really do! It is quite confusing, so I've learned to never take flirting at face value.

LoL We can be friends then!
    You never know, he might be, but I wouldn't spend too many nights dwelling on it unless you plan on asking him.
    :grin:

19. pyroboy74

Probably a joke. When I was in school, I'd do it to my straight friends and they'd do the same. Now, in the military, I still have them doing it to me haha

20. caughtbywitness

Yeah, probably straight, my best friend likes to kiss me on the head a lot; irritating!