1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How open are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 12, 2005.

1. goratrix

Well... this question goes for those of you who are out, at least to a few.

I am out to this friend of mine, (the first person I told) and well. She's been my confident ever since I came out. We shared a lot of great, really moving times. And then she said something that just hit me.

I talk to her about this guy I like (blah blah blah), and she's extremely understanding, even when I start to get all worked up. I start talking about how sexy I find the shoulders of a man, and that we were practicing self defense and part of the form was grabing him by the shoulder, and then that we were joking arround and things got a little bit physical, and how I grabbed him by a leg and picked him up of the ground, and my hand was less than an inch away from his <behind... or lower back> And all that.

She said that it was great that I could be this open about this subject. You know... being gay, new to this being out thing, she wouldn't have expected me being so comfortable talking about guys in that way. She has some other gay friends, and she told me that they never tell her things like that, they are cold... almost... straight.

Anyway, we weren't talking about the particular issue I described above, I was talking about how I felt, and how much I admired him for the elegance in his moves, and all that stuff.

So... I was wondering... how open are you with this things to your friends? Do you make a difference between male and female friends?

2. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Usually my friends get to hear all about what I think of guys and such.. They got many years of time at the microphone.. Not that I don't let them in, but I am pretty open about everything.

All of my friends are guys.. Always have been, probably always will be. Luckily, they're wonderful people.

3. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it depends how open and accepting the person you're talking to is. If a person isn't open to me, I wouldn't be able to easily trust this person with my openness. I think of it as a trade.

I'm out to three people but I only talk about it with one of them (who is straight). Before I came out to this person, he repeatedly told me his accepting stance on gay marriage and he didn't even know I was gay at the time. Because he tells me everything about himself -- what he finds attractive, his sexual activities, experiences, etc. -- I feel safe to tell him (nearly) everything about me.

It's probably partly because of a "If you tell people my secrets I can tell them yours" kind of thing. I think it's mostly because I didn't think it would be fair for him to be very open with me if I weren't open with him.

Although if a person were open to me but didn't accept gays, I wouldn't share my homosexual thoughts.

4. Aaron

Aaron Guest

In general, I am extremely open about my sexuality to everyone. I don't hide the fact that I am gay. I don't introduce myself as such, but if people as I answer honestly.

But more towards the question asked....

Generally, I am more open with my female friends, although there are a few males that I am quite open with. Mind you, they are gay. There are only a choice few that I share everything with.

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Most of my friends are girls, so I guess I'm more open with them by default.

I'm completely open with all of my friends. While I will rarely bring it up in conversation, if they ask, I won't lie.

6. Hydrogen

It depends on who I am around. If I know the person, and they are accepting, I have not problem with being open..

However, around certain family members, or at work, you would think I the straightest person you ever met.

7. hilariOus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I think about this, i would say that i'm pretty closed person. No one of my friends (which most of all are girls) knows that i like both: girls and boys. I think it's because i live in very conservative country ;D it's sucks -.-

8. step49x

I try to be open about just about everything. If someone asks if I'm gay, I'll tell them. However, hardly anyone knows I'm gay, so yeah.

9. I'm, very recently, an "open" gay but I don't act any different to before now and no one ever suspected/suspects that I'm gay. I must be doing it wrong, lol I want people to notice!

10. Stewie_r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm only out to two friends,a guy and a girl,and I find it easier to be open with my female friend than with the guy.I don't know why,but I think its because when I talk about stuff like that with him it gets really awkward.

11. Alex89

I came out to my best friend (who I thought was homophobic), and then the next day he came out to me as bi (only person he's told), and now we're extremely open about EVERYTHING. It really feels good to have someone to talk to openly without have to first think of how to phrase something or go over it in your head.

12. Grantious

Hey hey,

My Friendships are really werid
    I've got 2 Catagorys

My Guy Friends My Gal Pal's
    x Nerdy o Cool
    x Sorta Boring but we have o I came out to these way later though
    out times o I have my best friend melissa she's a hottie
    x I have 2 gay friend's and the o I've Told my Gal Pal's that i'm bi, it's weird because
    other's are straight most people are honest with there girly friends first.
    x I'm obviously compleatly honest
    with the gay guys, it's refreshing
    actually.

Lol that was fun to wright...

Key
    Girls = o
    Guys= x