1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird habits?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Divopix, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Divopix

I know there must be another thread about this out there, but I'd still like to know.

I have this weird thing where I always have to brush my teeth, and I always rub my pointer fingers against my thumb. I have a weird habit of touching peoples hip bones and cheekbones and wrists :badgrin:

2. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I carry a small bag of nails everywhere I go.

And when I eat potato chips, I won't eat the last piece. Instead, I would draw a smiley on it, and glue it on a wall.

Also, I am obsessed with octopuses. In plays, I always insist to be the octopus, even though there are no octopuses in the story.

3. Divopix

You're very strange :lol:

4. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know. Weirdly though, people and my friends seem to like it.

5. Divopix

The smiley face and chips, now that one is hard to believe hahah.

6. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I always try to have three quarters in my pocket when I leave the house

7. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on what you count as weird, when I drink my pinky finger sticks up on my right hand I can't stand having change in my pocket (1p's and 2p's) I go completly mental if I find one

8. dairyuu

When I yell at people, it's always in spanish.
    I also change the dates on my work back 3 or so days, even when it makes no sense, just to look diligent.

9. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my God.... I'm not ALONE!!!! (!)
    People always find it funny, but I have no control over my pinky finger.
    And I hate having change in my pockets. Pennies are the worst, too.

Other than that, I tend to organize M&Ms when I eat them. I always separate them by color, and, depending on my mood, will eat them in alphabetical order based on color, or by the total number of each color in my hand.

10. JustARaconteur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh boy, let me start the bulleted list:

* Whenever I play guitar, the middle finger on my strumming/picking hand is always out so my audience gets constantly flipped off.

* When I'm seriously thinking about something I pace. Fast.

* All of my clothes are sorted by style and color.

* All of the books/DVDs/games on my shelves are in alphabetical order.

* Whenever I have two pens/pencils/drinking straws I play this syncopated drum pattern on my thigh that an old band mate taught me like 12 years ago.

11. Vesper

I like aligning stacks of things, like DVD jewel cases and books.

I keep a pencil case full of purple or violet (and ONLY purple or violet) pens, markers, and highlighters, and don't write or highlight anything using purple ink unless I intend to keep the item that I'd marked with purple ink. As you can see, I regard this color rather highly.

I like adding tapioca pearls to all the tea I drink because I like the sensation of chewing them.

On my computer's desktop, I like manually arranging the icons by grouping them into categories and placing them in areas where they wouldn't overlap the most important or visually detailed parts of the desktop background. I really don't like when an icon is too close to a distinct, visible edge (like the edge between a desktop wallpaper and the solid background color) or sitting squarely on a distinct, visible edge; I like them in the middle of an area of of solid color, gradient, or pattern with lots of space between them and the edges. It's really hard to describe without showing a picture, though :/.

I've got so many weird habits, but can't remember them all, so I'll leave some for later.

#11 Vesper, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  12. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I cant stand mess! I am such a neat freak! Even my underwear is arranged by colour!

I'm terrified that im going to go deaf so im constantly cleaning my ears out with cotton buds and i never ever get my ears wet! Its very odd

I cant eat anything someone else has licked or eaten. I get seriously grossed out

13. djt820

My wallet is always in my right pocket and my phone is always in my left. The other way around just doesn't feel right.

I don't like talking when I wake up. That lasts for about an hour or so. It just feels like a chore I don't want to do.

Another weird habit I have in the morning is that I walk to the kitchen when I get up and just walk back to my bedroom for no reason.

When I'm trying to sleep, or watching a movie at home, I block out any annoying light. I block the blue LED on my monitor with a random object. Blue LEDs are the worst. I really should just use electrical tape.

I can be really OCD about video/audio quality.

I talk to my pets like they're people and tend to talk very sarcastically to them as if they're being sarcastic to me as well.

14. DanD

Whenever I use a saucepan to cook (mostly baked beans, as I'm a terrible cook) I always spin it round a few timed, like they do with tennis rackets.

15. IrisM

Both of those ^

I actively avoid making eye contact with anyone. If possible I'll wear sunglasses to avoid eye contact and if not I'll keep my eyes half shut and look down at the floor to avoid eye contact.

I'm always talking to myself, but only half of the conversation is ever out loud.

If I'm thinking about something, I'll be staring off in random directions but not actually looking at anything.

16. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Same, same, and same!! :lol:

My DVD's are alphabetized and my pantry has sweet on one shelf and salty on the other.
    I also have to wash my hands every time I hold any cash.

17. leer

burger , sausages. fishfingers has to be an even number usually 4.
    Belching loudly after a few pint`s
    double jointed thumb will crack it at will .

18. Average Joe

It's kinda comforting to see I'm not the only one with those little quirks... Anyway, here's some of mine:

I turn off my PC and my mobile only at hours with an odd number of minutes.

When I go to bed, my slipppers have to be left in a very specific position against the bed.

When on a bus, I make sure to never touch the railings with bare hands (winter's cool because I can wear gloves; it gets trickier during the warmer parts of the year). Actually, I avoid grabbing onto them overall.

That's all I can think of right now but there is more.

Oh, and I wash my hands everytime I've used the toilet. Weird, huh?

19. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lets see:

I think out loud when I think that I am along (I'm not always right)
    I like to do monologues for characters that I make up on the spot when I'm bored and I think that I am alone.
    Instead of cursing I put an emphasized pause in the middle of a sentence, unless the curse word is at the end of a sentence.
    My laugh sometimes sounds like that of an evil villain.
    I strum my fingers when in thought, again in a manner akin to that of a villain plotting something.

20. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a few weird habits.
    i do the pinky thing when i drink out of a can my pinky lifts up.
    when i think deeply i link each of my fingers together.
    and when ever i eat fast food i fold the wrappers into triangles. (although my sister does this one as well. we have no idea where this habit formed.)