1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caliber, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaydar SUCKS i have no idea how to look for a girlfriend, the girls i think are gay normally tend to be either bi or strait, dont get me wrong i have nothing against bisexuals but most of them that i see tend to be more into guys. i thought i found a lesbian today (rainbow hair and scarf) but she had a boyfriend, she was cute funny attractive...sigh it sucks big time

hows your gaydar and have you had any relationships during your school/college years

2. Silvails52

My gaydar isn't really great. Yes, there are some times when I can tell really easily, and others when I have no idea. I really didn't have any relationships in school, and college... well... that was a complicated story... But anyways, it will take time, but you'll find her. Try joining GSA or any LGBT clubs nearby. It's probably the best way to start looking! (At least in my opinion.)

3. I've come to the conclusion that you really just don't know so you shouldn't really stress it. People fit and break stereotypes all the time, unless they are blatantly trying to be out there, in your face gay. I've decided that the best way to meet someone is just to be in environments where everyone is gay or wait for someone to tell me if they want. Until then, I'm going to try not to think about it that much.

4. jargon

One solution for this problem, if you have any in your school/area, is going to GSAs or other LGBT groups and meeting folks there. That and being introduced by friends who knew both of our orientations are the ways Ive gotten into same sex relationships in college.

Personally, my gaydar is actually alright, except that I get lots of false-positives for the guys I find attractive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Ticklish Fish

what's a gaydar?
    you mean gayderp?

6. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Heh, my gaydar's horrible. XD I can't tell if someone's gay or not to save my life. Anyway, I actually am in a relationship right now, but we don't even live in the same state, and we knew before we even started talking to each other that the both of us were gay... but don't give up hope yet. ^_^ You'll find someone.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My gaydar is kinda based off of infatuation. Love-drugged. I'd say I'm inaccurate most of the time. Basically my view goes like "She's so pretty, she can't be straight." Sigh.

8. PawsUp456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've found that my gaydar is horrible too. I have figured oen thing out however, (even though I've NEVER had any relationships so take this with a grain of salt), look at the person's eyes. See where they drift. Do they gravitate towards guys or girls? Idk, just something I've found to possibly help

9. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Seriously I think I should return my gaydar to the gay store. If I remember correctly I got a warranty on it...

10. Rainbow Music

My gaydar on a scale of 1-10 is maybe about a 2. But I prefer not to use it, because sometimes when I have accused people of being gay, they end up not being gay. So, I'd rather not judge people, and just let them feel comfortable telling me themselves. I mean yes, sometimes it is totally obvious, but other times, when like for example sound gay, or even act gay, they always turn out to not be gay. It sucks. Because the ones that turn out straight are always the cute ones. :tears:

11. agonizingnose

i droped my gaydar down a storm drain and i dont have it anymore. i thought a gay dude was stright once

12. jadakiss97

My gaydar...its terrible. im lookin for girls more than boys and its not easy especially being in a catholic school

13. Calico

My gaydar is completely backwards. I'm really good at telling if guys are gay, but when it comes to girls, I got nothin :bang: