1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random and awkward

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nepenthe, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok. This has happened to me a bunch of times now. I'll be waiting in line somewhere, not doing or saying anything to call attention to myself, and old ladies (in their 70s or 80s maybe) come up to me and say I have a "lovely soul". I appreciate the compliment and all, but it's really really weird and awkward.

I can't be the only one that this happens to, right? Right??

2. Hexagon

I really don't know whether it happens to others. I don't believe I've ever experienced it. I can see how it might be awkward, but just thank them. It doesn't hurt, and they are likely to be trying to be kind.

3. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's what I do, but it's still weird lol

4. agonizingnose

interesting. never happend to me though

5. Capichino

Idk my step mom though compleatly random stranger go up to her and say hi one time they got mad at her because they were out of apple fridders at the store and she didn't even work thare and one time we were at the mall and thare was achristmas train and it was going like 2 miles as we were walking past I and the person driving the train started to talk to us weird

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2013 at 12:10 PM ----------

But kinda sometimes that happens to me what ur question is but ya it does happen to me sometimz

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    xD not with old people. They're probably demented lol u_____u.

CRAZY people, yes. Or they just hvae a lot of questions about me.

Sometimes l think certain groups of people transmit an "outsider" vibe to one another. Not because we're gay per se, but because we may have had similar life experiences.

l get so much of it that l just have the random conversations with people now, and answer such questions as : ''what's your favorite color''...

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

They notice the gay in you. They sense it. It's a blessing. ....Or they're going fairly senile.

I don't know. I have older customers at work and on the train say similar things such as I'm a "lovely person" I'm a "sweetie" and "have a good soul of most those my age", but that's just because I'm courteous. Nobody's just come up to me and said anything like that for no reason. I'd actually find it kinda funny. I'd probably laugh and go, "You too. God bless ya'."

8. leer

maybe they were just senile.:eek: am kidding by the way

9. ForceAndVerve

Congratulations on having a "lovely soul"!

Don't mind the old biddies! ^_^

10. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Haha! There's no question that one was senile. The others were perfectly normal.

11. GabrielTai

Most people tend to tell me I'm too old for my age. And not just old people, but nearly everyone I meet. Some people say it quicker than others, but I've been hearing the "old soul" bit since I was a child. So, now when people say that I tell them to pipe down or people will start to suspect something. It's a nice thought, but it gets old after a while, hearing the same thing all the time. So i find ways to have fun with it.