1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mathew Vines (The Video You Need To See)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Escapist, Jan 18, 2013.

1. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This video is often passed around on here with positive responses, with alot of fans. I figure, it's a good idea to just make a thread for the video itself so people have a greater chance of seeing it.

It goes into detail about the verses commonly taken from the Bible to justify discrimination. Take a look for yourself if this subject interests you, or even if it doesn't. Unlike other videos dealing with the Bible and Christianity, Mathew explains why the book in fact does NOT condemn loving same-sex relationships.

It is a tad on the long side, but it is every bit worth it. Mathew himself is a Christian, for those wondering, it is looked at from a scriptural viewpoint. It's worth a look, it might help you learn more on the topic of Christianity and homosexuality.

The video has captions in a few languages, I HIGHLY suggest watching rather than reading, but if you really want to, or need it in a different language, here is the link to the transcript: TRANSCRIPT/TRANSLATIONS

(Tell me if there is already a thread like this, I couldn't find it.)

[YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

2. Mhin

"Would you step into my shoes for a moment, and walk with me just one mile, even if it makes you a bit uncomfortable? I am gay. I didn’t choose to be gay. "

I really don't know how to thank this person, but he really inspires me a lot.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, he is a wonderful speaker with beautiful thoughts. We are lucky to be able to share in those wonderful thoughts. :slight_smile:

I often go all obsessive and lurk around dark places of the web where Christians are discussing homosexuality, by doing this I learn both sides so I am aware of what may be presented to me. I have yet to come across a forum of sorts where they discuss this video. So I wonder what their arguments in return would be to this.

4. Ticklish Fish

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh, okay, thank you. I only searched for his name. I wanted a very specific and direct topic about him so anyone who hasn't yet seen his video might can. Maybe we can keep this one up, because as many times as we have posted it here, I still see responses from members who were so happy to have found it.
    I have seen it come up, and posted it myself, in many religious threads.

---------- Post added 18th Jan 2013 at 02:03 PM ----------

Plus, you can never mention him enough.

6. Ticklish Fish

don't ask me.

also, try the inquery "empty closet forum matthew vines"

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw this just the other day actually! I was so inspired by his message. I wish everyone tried to see from our eyes...

8. Average Joe

I've seen it a few months ago. What a wonderful person he is. So eloquent and thoughtful. I didn't know he had a website. I'm browsing it right now. Think this thread should be made sticky, so more people can see it. Thanks for sharing, TE.

9. castle walls

I agree! I love his video and I'm constantly trying to get people to watch him

10. Invisigoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for posting that 'Escapist' i am new here, looking for encouragement, and THAT was encouraging!