1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok I need to ask this! Gay men!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Do gay men like slim men? Like is slim attractive to most gay men? I'm trying to build more muscle now well tone myself out in eating super healthy again and I'm eating more not a lot but more but I had someone tell me today that I looked slim..... Don't really understand what that means but I took it to offense and told them to fuck off..... Don't know what it means but I want to be told I'm skinny not "slim" WTF does that mean? Someone said I'm looking healthier now but does that mean I'm fatter? My waist size is still a 28-30 so i consider that to be skinny not what ever "slim" is slim sounds like fat and skinny mix I don't like it so I'm freaking out now cause I'm thinking I'm getting fat again an I have not eaten today cause I'm having panic rushes through my body.......

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Slim = skinny

3. Alexander69

Does it actually?

4. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you want people to call you skinny?

To me, skinny means thin in an unhealthy way; no muscle, no fat, just quite literally skin over bone. It's a really negative word.

Slim implies you look healthier. Still less than average, but in a healthy way, if that makes sense.

So they sort of mean the same thing, but when people call you skinny they generally mean it in a negative way, when they call you slim they mean it in a positive way.

5. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From the Merriam-Webster online dictionary

slim adjective \ˈslim\
    slim·mer slim·mest

Definition of SLIM

: of small diameter or thickness in proportion to the height or length : slender

6. Alexander69

I want to be skin and bone I want that! I used to be and I want it again! I don't want to have muscle I want to be more toned then I am and that's what I'm doing but I'd rather have a guy with muscle but I don't want It I'm a weak ass mofo like I can't lift 15 pounds its a work out for me LMAO I'd rather be skinny. I guess if slim mean Hartley skinny then I'm Happy

7. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just told you it's a negative word, and you say that's what you want. :confused:

Just skin over bone looks awful, and is really unhealthy. The fact that you can't lift 15 pounds should give you a hint.

If you know it doesn't look good (you say yourself you'd rather have a guy with some muscle), and you know it's unhealthy, then why do you want it?

8. Alexander69

Because I like fitting in designer clothing nicely....... You don't see chubby models molding in high fashion. It's hard how my brain works I'd rather be skinny but I look for a strong man I dont like skinny guys as partners...... I don't know how to explain bit thus how I feel I even don't mind a bigger guy either but for myself I have HAVE to be skinny if I don't fit an XS or a S I don't know what I would do! I used to be very skinny then I got very fat then I got very skinny again and I've kept it off but my mother also is very snobby and if I get chunky she is embarassed of me and so I try hard to make her happy everyone in my family is skinny and fit its important to my family I've mentioned this before my mother weighs 120lbs my brother 160lbs my father 160lbs ish myself 130lbs my aunt 117lbs ish my grandmother who's 78 135lbs my grand father 170lbs ish and my mothers sisters are all skin and bones but they all have ED's eating disorders run in my family. So you see being thin is expected in my family

9. slim is not an insult so you didn't need to get defensive about that! like someone said above, slim means below average, but in a healthy way. Regarding both sexes. For guys, skinny isn't a compliment really. It depends who says it and what their type is. For girls, though, it can be an insult or a compliment. A lot of guys that are not gay or probably lesbians too like skinny or slim girls.

10. photoguy93

I'm most troubled by your "eating disorder" comment.

I'm pretty sure you have an eating disorder. I could be wrong. But it sounds like it. It is one thing to WANT to fit into those clothes. I want to wear all Ralph Lauren clothes. I want to be skinnier. But that's not totally practical. Or possible.

You use the word "need" like you are obsessed. Have you ever been diagnosed, yourself?

I don't want to criticize you. I'm not even going to tell you what to do or what I think you should do. I just want you to be healthy. And I don't think you are.

11. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I found this on an english forum.

They are slim and slender. (Nicest way to say it. Implies 'attractively thin'.)

You are thin. (Acceptable, but not flattering. Neutral.)

He is skinny. (Somewhat negative way of saying it. Implies 'unattractively thin'.)

I am personally what you would call "very skinny".

12. jargon

I agree with the above concerns - your description sounds like something someone might say if they had an eating disorder.

Personally, I have a very clear preference for skinny guys, but I want there to be a little muscle and at least some fat as well. You probably aren't going to find tons of gay guys out there who want you to be absolute skin and bones, so if this if really about being attractive to other guys that isnt the way to do it.

13. Alexander69

Ya but I see all these models with such skinny bodies ad i want to look like them! People tell me I am skinny or "slim" but I don't believe it and yes I have been diagnosed with an eating disorder I go through phases with it. As I just got on a healthy track again after having issues involving my ED. And now I'm having issues again like I was going to work out but I fell asleep cause all I've eaten was a spinach salad all day and some organic flax seed crackers. So now I feel even worse for not working out and I'm like having a panic attack!

14. photoguy93

You ned to get on a SAFE and healthy track. Just eating spinach and crackers will not help you. Go to your therapist or however you see and work this out. I don't want to say the wrong thing.

15. Ticklish Fish

Um... I am very concerned about your diet.
    First of all, there are many vegetables in the world, even in your market.
    Yes, spinach may be good, but you're also missing out on vitamins and other nutrients from other vegetables.

Also (I had to look this up), even though flax seed has all the proteins body can't produce, I am not quite sure if the amount is enough to refill you from your work out.

I think you need to talk to a nutritionist. I am not against you trying to keep a body shape and all, but you need to do it more rationally and reasonably.

16. PillsHere

Depends on the guy. Generally, not so much. I'm not into the whole body-builder stuff either. Having a nice balance is always attractive (to me.) They don't even really need to be toned, just some meat on them.

Honestly, my preference would be slightly overweight as opposed to slightly under.

17. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys who are skin and bones thin are disgusting. You don't want to be like that. Some muscle and fat is way more attractive.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think skin and bone is mostly sexy if you're under 25. Over that and you have got to have a bit of muscle or else you look like a zombie.

19. micheru

micheru Guest

well i think gay men like mostly the attitude and decency. and to be honest. slim and fit is best for attraction

20. Mikeysaur

Mikeysaur Guest

Skinny, as in their ribs are poking out? Not my cup of tea. But to each his own, I guess.
    I can't really say anything. I can eat till my heart's content and not gain an ounce. :l