1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else suffer from anxiety?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caliber, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    for the last few years i have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety, my most recent one was in the middle of a biology lesson when we were doing disection,i didn't even get past the first bit of it, it lasted about an hour and a half, i couldn't stop shaking, feeling sick and couldn't get enough air. My anxiety has become worse since my cat got into a fight and now has a bite wound to his side, i want to take him to the vets but my parents say i'm over reacting, now i cant eat properly, cant relax and feel i'll constantly, i was wondering if anyone else suffers from panic attacks or anxiety

2. kem

kem

I occasionally suffer from anxiety and panic attacks in large crowds, particularly in closed areas like trains and shopping centres. Something about huge masses of people makes me want to sit in a corner, close my eyes and quietly weep... One time we went shopping with my mom a day or two before Christmas and it was terrible, by lungs felt like they'd shrunk to a third of their size and my legs felt weak and I wanted to cry.

#2 kem, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  3. jadakiss97

I have terrible anxiety. I get attacks at random or really bad times and its hard to deal with. I talked to my therapist and i use a safe object. idk if anyone else would find that useful

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes. I've been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety. I take meds and am doing therapy. It's better than it was, but I still have horrible nights...this week has been particularly bad.

Feel free to message or post on my wall if you need to talk to anyone. (*hug*)

jadakiss97- What is a safe object? That's not something my therapist has mentioned. Sounds like something new to try.

5. MerBear

me! i do. i suffer from social anxiety mainly

6. returning

I suffer from anxiety. One of the medications i take increases it. (I take it because it increases my concentration).

7. photoguy93

You poor thing! I suffer from Panic Disorder (aka, random panic attacks.) feel free to friend me or message me.

Do you see a therapist? It might be a great step. anxiety is a bitch. It is totally crazy. We worry about everything. And anything. But there are ways to work through it!

8. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes I do, daily too to the point where I just want to sleep all day.

9. Yes, sometimes I randomly have panic attacks, and I don't even know why.

10. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a lot of general anxiety; I'm easily stressed out, and it causes me to be a very anxious person. Aside from that, I also suffer from social anxiety, which really sucks.

11. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have chronic low-grade anxiety in the sense that I never have "panic attacks" or spikes in it, I just tend to stress over things excessively. Sometimes I get really tense over little worries, but overall I guess I'm better off than most, so I can't complain.

12. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I want to go to a therapist but my parents don't a) want to pay for it b) dont think its serious c) they don't even want to take me anyway

13. Lewis

Yep...I think having anxiety is harder than being gay. I can't do any form of public speaking anymore (and I used to go to theatre school) without having panic attacks, I shake uncontrollably when I'm nervous and I avoid talking to certain people.

I must say, since coming out to a few people my anxiety feels as though its being slowly lifted.

14. Rexmond

Yes I do too, it was worse but has gradually gotten better over time. When my kitten was murdered yesterday, it came back I couldn't breath or anything. It was awful.

15. Omla

Cognitive therapy is your salvation!
    Believe me. Maybe Ssri anti depressants
    You will feel better... I'm really quite sure.

16. Rebecca94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I suffer from anxiety and occasionally panic attacks too. It's awful. I mostly suffer from social anxiety which keeps getting worse as I get older :frowning2:

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I suffer from Social Anxiety and GAD. It's shitty. I'm currently in CBT for it though, and it helps a lot. Look into Cognitive Behavioural therapy, maybe? I'm sorry to hear about that, dear. :c

Also, yeah, I have a "safe object" of my own, too. I basically carry a stress ball in my bag, and my therapist told me to use it whenever I felt anxious or afterwards, so I could alleviate stress by distracting myself, or as mechanism so I don't go out and punch a wall or harm myself. It works.

#17 Oddish, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  18. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

I do have anxiety, but I never had a panic attack. It used to be worse when I was younger, losing control and overreacting when something happened (I already broke my window with a coin oO) but my mom and therapist helped me without any medication. I don't go to a therapist anymore, and everytime I have to speak in public or talk to people I don't know, I feel anxious and nervous but I'm still in control and fighting it.

19. photoguy93

They are completely against it? Like you can't even try it?

There are some dedicated mental health forums online. But what about school? Work? I forget your age. Always feel free to message me!

20. theskywreck

I have anxiety attacks also, usually in crowds but sometimes for no reason at all. I haven't had any recently, however.