1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being called a Dyke

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caliber, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people find this offensive but when people call me it I'm like pift please, I just really don't care.
    1) what have you been called
    2) do you find it offensive
    3) do you just laugh

2. GabrielTai

1) I've been called a lot of things, both in light hearted jokes and in very negative ways. I'm tan skinned, so most people can't identify my race readily and assume I'm hispanic. I'm short, so I get picked at for that. And the gay thing.
    2) I almost never get mad at people for saying stuff to me, regardless of tone and intent. I don't really care enough what they think to let it affect me. The only time I ever get annoyed is when people won't drop a subject after I've told them they've already killed the joke.
    3) If it's a funny thing, I'll laugh. If I think they're being ridiculous, I'll laugh. If I think they're stupid, I'll laugh. I laugh at most things that people say, just because I find some of the shit that comes out of peoples mouths to be both ridiculous and amusing. Its very rare that anyone ever offends me, because I choose not to be offended.

3. MerBear

1) what have you been called- dyke , emo , cracker , white girl (ask for my name)
    2) do you find it offensive - fuck yeah
    3) do you just laugh - no

4. Adarya

1.) What I've been called: loner, bitch, emo, dyke, smartass, fag/faggot, etc.
    2.) Do you find it offensive: It depends entirely on the reason behind the word I am being called and the situation I am in. Some names I am able to just shrug off and continue on with my life, but others are harder to brush off, because deep down some words can hurt.
    3.) Do you laugh: Once again, it depends on the situation. If I know their joking, I can contradict the statement, or that person's opinions just aren't important to me at all I can normally laugh about it. But other times if I'm called a name that is more offensive to me I am more angry than anything else.