1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your love language?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AshenAngel, Jan 20, 2013.

1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Gifts, Acts of Service, or Physical Touch? I personally respond best to a combination of Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch, but the latter being the stronger language. What about you?

2. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

mine is mostly service but I have a bit of everything really.

3. hello1992

I have yet to experience a relationship but i think it would be eye contact and just general being there for me (acts of service)

4. Harve

Um, what is this?

5. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quality time and physical touch. I'm a cuddle-bug. (*hug*)

6. leer

for me I guess
    eye contact 1
    touch 2
    service 3

7. time together.
    like if she goes out of her way to watch my fav movie with me or go for a walk in the snow or something little like that :3 and snuggles too, but time spent together mostly. im not good with words so words would be last. but body language is a part of how i speak kind of... even though i dont speak a lot :s

idk hmm.

8. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

It's how you express or feel love from someone. I generally show I love someone by acts of service or doing things for them. It's whichever one you feel is most important to you. The things listed above are the basic different ways in which people communicate love for each other.

9. Yui

Yui

Physical touch and receiving gifts :slight_smile:
    (Gifts = No expensive things or something like that but I like getting a flower when I'm sick or a postcard from someone who is on vacation :slight_smile: )

@Harve
    It's actually from a book called The 5 Love Languages written by Gary Chapman. It's about how you express your feelings for a loved one - either by physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation, gifts or quality time. You can do the test here:
    Home | The 5 Love LanguagesĀ®

10. IrisM

Emotional connection, time spent together, affirmation of trust.

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I've yet to be in a relationship but I think Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.

But Act of Service would be at the top, just the thought of someone doing something for me?? Is nice :slight_smile:

12. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cute gesture, some intimacy, maybe some deep kissing, a song, anything you could imagine being a gesture of someone's love, I would melt immediately. n_n <3 I'd also like to hear what he's thinking once in a while, and words of affirmation for his love, definitely.

Anything passionate and gentle. I've got the hopeless romantic syndrome.

#12 Shadowsettler, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  13. NickD

Very interesting question. I would say I respond most strongly to words of affirmation with physical touch being a close second.

14. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm more of a combination of Quality Time and Physical Touch, definitely the last one. The more I'm around a person for long periods of time, the more I get comfortable with a person and feel loved since this (to me) would show that the person has a mutual desire to be around me, as well as showing a type of actual commitment to the relationship. After all, words are just words, gifts are just gifts, and physicality is just physicality if all of these are not backed up by dependability (actions) and quality time. This goes even for the people I consider really good friends.

15. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Ok.. I know I said Words wasn't but, if he wrote a song for me I would so MELTT!!!!!:grin:

Because, back in my old job, a colleague sang a song.. it wasn't directed at me, but he was singing it to me, since I asked him to sing something, and he was playing a guitar.. I was like:icon_redf

#15 Z3ni, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  16. photoguy93

I took the test last semester. I'm "quality time." It's very true to me. I love service, but I really appreciate people spending time with me, OR taking time to do something for/with me.

17. Renge

Words of affirmation and gift .. I love to give and see people smile :slight_smile: and i love to give her a song so she knows what i'm feeling ..
    Umm what kind of service that it means?

18. silkfrog1292

acts of service, words of affirmation and physical touch....

19. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

physical touch (I'm a big cuddler), quality time, and acts of service. I'm not one who is good with words.

20. Ianthe

I came out to a near-even split between acts of service (10) and quality time (9), with physical touch giving a strong showing (7).

I often need help with certain things, and when I can't get the help I need from anyone, it makes it hard to believe that anyone cares about me. I'm not sure whether that's because acts of service are important to me, or if it's the reason they have become important to me.

I found the Apology languages interesting, too (from the same website). I'm an "accept responsibility" person, there. I just find apologies pointless if the person hasn't really acknowledged that they were wrong and responsible for their actions. Other things--regret (feeling sorry), repentance (doing differently in the future), making amends (repairing the harm or making it up to you) and asking for forgiveness (acknowledging that the other person doesn't have to forgive you, that it is a kindness for them to do so)--those are all nice and everything, but I feel like they all really rely on the acceptance of responsibility. It doesn't matter how they try to please me, if it seems to me like someone doesn't really know that they were wrong, it makes it infinitely harder for me to forgive them.