1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For you couples out there

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emberblaze, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

So, how many people on here are actually in a relationship? I jus have to ask, where'd you meet your boy/girlfriends? Just outta curiosity if you don't mind me prying. I think it'll give me some hope about finding someone one day.

2. not currently in a relationship but i met my only serious relationship with my ex online.

other sort of meh relationships (i sound bad but it was only 3 girls and i was young lol) when i was younger i met through a friend and randomly at a place i went too and online again!

3. jadakiss97

Im sort of with a girl. We've been in love 3 years. her parents dont like that either of us are interested in each other so they do every thing in their power to keep us apart. im waitin on college now

4. Emberblaze

Aw, well, I hope you're able to find a good relationship.

That's sweet ^^

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Long story short, we met at school. He was way kinder to me than I thought I deserved. He grew on me. Now we're a couple. <3

6. leer

not seeing anyone at the moment My one serious relationship we met in a local pub and my mate knew him spent hours chatting with him at the end of the night my mate gave me his mobile number and we met up again I didnt get home that night . the relationship lasted 6 months

7. PurpleCrab

You should make a poll :wink:

I'm married!!

8. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He was my new room (well, house-) mate. We got along right from the start. It just sort of evolved into something more real quickly. We've been together for almost a year now.

9. MysticalFantasy

Out Status:
    Some people
    My girlfriend and i were best friends before we went romantic.

we had known each other since year 8, or the age of 13 years old in high school, or middle school if you are american.

I remember when i saw her she was verrryyy quiet and less sociable. But highly intelligent, always ranking dux or honour students for you americans. Shes like those goody two shoes, never jigging or skipping class person.

thats what attracted me to her. One time she began crying because the teacher mistakenly marked her absent from sports class and the sports head teacher called her out and said she truanted. She was a new student who transferred from a terrible highschool. This was when we were in year 8 btw.

I took her to the bathroom to wash her face immediately and told her to calm down and breathe. this was when she came back to the science room bursting into tears. I dont know why, but i just reacted so fast, like a magnet to another magnet, to assist her.
    I defended her to the teacher, right after she subsided her major panic attack of ruining her good school record, and because the teacher knew my reputation of being a role model student, she let her pass and the record was corrected.

thats where our friendship began, and little did we know that 3 years later would we fall in love. We exchanged deep information about ourselves when we were still friends, and we formed a day where we call it our yin yang day.

Im yang and shes yin and every year we celebrate that day, seperate to our anniversary.

we are both smart, but im more of the leader, being school captain, src president and all. Perhaps thats why she was attracted to me. Im an extrovert, and shes an introvert.

i didnt expect to fall in love with her. In fact she was the first one to confess her feelings to me, and she was even the one to take my first kiss, when we were in year 11.

So many ups and downs, insecurities, trusts issues, betrayal has occurred to us since we got together romantically. But its strengthen us everytime, to the point where we are maturing and our love grows stronger. Despite the distractions in our final year of highschool, we did really well together and got into prestigious unis.

We both go to different universities sadly, im doing a straight up commerce degree and shes doing a law and commerce degree, but we always try to make time for each other and spend it as much as we can. We are 19 now and were learning the difficulties of theadult world. There is still insecurities but thats in allrelationships.

i love her, and i always will. We read each others mind, joke around consistently and laugh at lifes ironies. No one grounds me like she does, and no one lifts her up like i do :slight_smile:

shes my soulmate and i cant wait to spend our 3rd year of being together.

Thanks for reading and I hope you find that special someone too :slight_smile:

10. Ben

Ben

It was two years four months ago. I sat on his table in a cafeteria and I invited him over to bake cookies the next day. We've been together ever since : )

11. MixedNutz

currently in a relationship just under 1.5 years. just officially moved in together.

We met because i was still friends with my ex. my ex started talking to my current bf on a iPhone app. They became friends but not romantically interested. Me, My ex, my bf, and his friend all met for drinks. My bf asked my ex for my number and called me. we have been together ever since. (the ex is bitter and we dont really talk much anymore)

12. redstormrising

we met on a dating website, and we've been together just under a year.

13. aspiecarer

Met my partner in a gay club,started dating,going out etc, before finally moving in together.
    Now been together 25 yrs....Anyone can beat that?,lol

14. Emberblaze

THAT is so precious! I give to you all my blessings and high hopes for your relationship ^^

15. Lewis

Aw, this thread is so cute (and I never think things are cute!)

Kinda makes me a little sad though :frowning2:

16. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My girlfriend and i met in art school, we started out as very close friends

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Playing a text-based online video game.

Lex

18. Copperflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have now been with my girlfriend for over a year. :slight_smile: We have known each for about 4 years, going from friends to roommates (she joined me and my roommate as a third person) to more.

Our relationship had kind of a rocky beginning, as we were both fighting against our desires to be together for almost two years before it happened. She thought we couldn't be together because she could never tell her family, she was scared of what our roommate would say and what our friends would say. We had (still have) amazing friends, we all lived at a dormitory at that time and she didn't want to mess up their heads. Later we discovered they had seen it coming. Anyway, my excuse was that I was still with my ex, though things with her had been going downhill for a long time.

So when we broke up with my ex, for several reasons, we decided to give it a shot with my gf - hiding it from everyone at first. We used to sneak out from the dorms without our friends and go make out or do something romantic as a couple. :-D Nowadays we live together, and even though we have problems with her family we are still doing well.

19. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met my boyfriend through a work colleague turned friend. Befriending a pushy lesbian (although I didn't befriend her because of her sexuality I hasten to add, it didn't occur to me that she may have gay guys in her social circle at the time) might not be the most conventional of strategies but it worked for me.

20. Jared

We started chatting online and then realized we both go to UCLA and actually live in the same building, he's a floor below me :slight_smile: we met in person and started hanging out and then eventually decided to try a relationship :slight_smile: So for it's going really well.