1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight" Best Friend Success Stories?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justaguy2011, Jan 20, 2013.

1. justaguy2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this isn't a problem that I've faced myself, but lately I've been reading more and more stories of gay guys and lesbians who develop feelings or even fall in love with their best, same sex friend. A lot of these people's friends don't even know that they're friend is gay, let alone has feelings for them. This isn't usually a situation that ends well (and certainly not with love). However, it is still possible, though unlikely, that your friend who you think is straight could be hiding the same feelings you are, and my question is have you personally or someone you know had this happen? That is, have you ever confessed your feelings to your friend and they told you that they feel the same way?

There are 7 billion people in the world, so it's had to have happened before, and if it's happened to you I'd love to hear about it, as well as how the situation ended (i.e. did you enter a relationship, if so how long did it last, and are you still friends etc etc.).

Thanks Guys :slight_smile:

2. Rivers

I know what it's like to be in love with a best friend. Unfortunately for me, every time was unrequited. But let me say, I'm rather curious to see if a situation like this has ever ended successfully for anyone.

3. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I found out one of my guy friends was bi, but I had no interest in him. I just can't see myself with someone I have known for a long time as a friend.

4. GingerGuy

Recently I fell for a friend who's straight. Like, I have seen no clue that he's anything other than that. I've show some signs of affection (complimenting him, texting sweet stuff all the time) to see how he reacts and, although he remains really nice to me, there are no signs that he likes me as more than a friend, or suspects that I'm gay. Some of my classmates are already suspicious of my attraction and have talked about it behind my back, but from him, the one who matters, no clue.

I have another friend who's openly bisexual. I can't say I'm in love with him, but I would certainly love to have sex. However, although we have kissed each other, he did not go further because he does not see me as anything else. It's even more frustrating to know that only because another boy also likes boys it does not mean he will want you.

5. Colours

We couldn't have been better friends if you ask me, and at some point I started to get feelings for him. I told him after a while, just to get it off my chest. The next week, when I was on holiday, he told me he felt the same. Another week later we were going on holiday with the two of us. That's where it happened. I was so in love.
    Sounds great, doesn't it? That's what I thought. A month later he broke up with me when I wanted to talk to him about our relationship. He said dating boys wasn't for him after all, didn't want to risk the friendship, bla bla.

Are we still friends? Sort of, I guess.

6. justaguy2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, I empathize with you, that sounds really frustrating, especially the part where he said "dating boys wasn't for him." I guess he could've just been curious or confused, but still sounds rough.