1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What religion would I be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Theagonist, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all I'm defaintly Agnostic, I know it's impossible to prove God, and I know we're all unsure if he's real or not. I do defiantly believe in God, but not like those silly mystics such as Christians, etc. and I think I'd be considered a pantheist, but diffrent than most, most believe that: The universe is God, but I believe: God is the universe, seems the same but very diffrent. I believe that all religions are just diffrent interpretations of God and are all inspired by God but have tons of human mystiscim filled in, of course since humans can never truly know and we use religion to understand this amazing world. I live by the quote "There are no such things as facts, only interpretations" - Friedrich Nietzsche. I was raised catholic and go to a Catholic HS, but none of it makes sense to me and seems really silly, also I believe that humans are the same as any other creature and we just some how gained reason and a higher intelligence, because of this we must be stewards of our Mother, Earth. I also have an intrest for Celtic (mainly Welsh) Gods, porbably since I have Welsh (along with German, English, and Scottish) heritage that can be traced back to Rhodri Mawr, a Welsh King (thanx to my great, great-grandmother who's maiden name was Roberds). On afterlife, I believe it's impossible to know what happens after death, but I do believe we kind of conjoin with the universe - if that makes sense. And on Morality, I believe something is only a "sin" if it harms another human or Earth, or the Universe, or if you use someone (like for sex for your pleasure and not him or her's, then it becomes masturbation, not that masturbation is bad, just don't use other people), oh and marriage is a human made device, and Adam and Eve didn't have bellybuttons because they are not real lol. And I never have felt the presence of Jesus or anything like that, but I'm really, really scared to not believe in that because if I'm wrong I would go to Hell , but I don't believe that God would be so malevolent... confused

2. sanguine

NEIL deGRASSE TYSON: The most astounding fact

I think that illustration is a beautiful way of explaining the universe in all of us.

As for a religion, you wouldn't call it under any religion, more like spirituality, I think the biggest false pretence is that a person has to be religious to be spiritual but thats not the case.

religious spirituality is fixed whereas an individuals spirituality can manifest itself into many forms, people like myself who are spiritual but not religious take teachings from other religions and not just one, because like you said, different religions are just different interpretations of god.

and on a last note you can also have someone who is neither religious or spiritual, but that wont take away the fact that they too can find a philosophy of how to live life, to differ between what is right or wrong, good and evil.

Just find your own way in life, if anything stay curious and live to learn, research and read, a guy here on EC told me that your beliefs grow as you do, and thats so true.