1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma with women

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WallyO, Jan 20, 2013.

1. WallyO

So I just got a new job, and I'm not really out but a few people have fighred it out. The thing is, theres this girl that i work with a few days a week who has developed a crush on me. I've become friends with her and shes started flirting with me. Its kinda my fault, because i was flirting back with her at first (i can't help being a tease sometimes). But now theres some people at work who are egging me on to take her on a date, and I just say no. This is becoming super awkward, and i feel like an asshole for leading her on. Like I really feel like a jerk. I've had girls tell me i'm flirting with them when i just consider it being nice. This is the problem that i have woth not being out, and not being truthful in general. Someone usually gets hurt and i really don't like hurting people.
    So what should i do? I don't want to break her heart (even thiugh i think its just puppy love), and i can't just stop talking to her since we work together. Man i should probably just come out to her, but I'm still not good at coming out. Don't think ill ever be good at it, it might just get easier.
    So has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you deal with it?

2. GabrielTai

Im not typically nice when guys hit on me, mostly because a lot of them are thick headed. In your situation, I would recommend taking her aside somewhere and just explaining to her that you're not interested in her "that way" and maybe hint that youre gay but not out?

3. WallyO

Thanks for the response. Thats a real good idea. I always make my orientation the focal point of decisions i make and actions i take, i dont have to directly say im gay. Thanks you for the input