1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm actually really annoyed. (Dating sites)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Anyways I really want to be in a relationship like I've said many times not just a booty call.... Anyways I decided to go on dating sites anyways all the gay guys that I liked are all so snobby. There statuses are like "I'm high manitanence" "looking for sexy fit toned" "I like to shop so you better got cash" "money and fashion addict" I'm just like WTF! All the vancouvertites are so snobby...... I'm trying to change my snobby ways not be with SOMOne who is! Ugh life man

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand, but I wouldn't use dating websites period anyways. Even if all the bio's and descriptions were "great family loving guy" or "wonderful guy wanting a long-lasting relationship" you can't ever know any of this unless you are with them physically. Just wait for that right guy to come around, or just put yourself out there more without using a website :/

3. ptacub

ptacub Guest

I understand completely! I see this kind of stuff from time to time on bear dating sites as well and it completely sucks lol. For a subculture that's supposed to be against superficiality some bears can be real bitches if you don't look a certain way. :/

But I think it also depends on what dating sites you're using. There are a few dating sites geared towards people looking for long-term relationships.

4. Mikeysaur

Mikeysaur Guest

Dating sites are a joke. I know I'm no hottie, but I've been singled out way too many times because I don't have that perfect body image. One of the reasons why I stopped using them. You'll probably have better luck in the real world. To those who've had success with them, kudos to you. Hope my post doesn't offend anybody. Just sharing my personal experience.

5. djt820

Many times, there's a reason why those guys are on those dating sites.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DJT has hit the nail on the head :slight_smile:

Really, those sites are generally a pretty terrible way to find people. And as I've said to you before... I'd put effort into making friends, finding activities to do where other gay guys are involved, and cultivate friendships first. The whole dating thing on most dating sites (as with the bar and club scene) is pretty artificial. If you want a meaningful relationship... it ain't likely going to come from one of those places.

Also... as I am sure I've also said before... you have to love yourself, and be happy and content *before* you go looking for a relationship if you want the relationship to be healthy. I'd suggest putting your energy into that, and dealing with your demons about your appearance and body image and all that stuff first. Otherwise, I think you're just going to find yourself frustrated.

7. ok455

I know the feeling im an obese guy so im pretty much the enemy on dating websites some of those guys are acting like they are buying a house. Usually those picky guys are always in failed relationships or they end up alone for the rest of there life because they can't look past looks and material things.

#7 ok455, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. DanD

Any with pretty much all of them, you cannot so much as message someone without signing up to a monthly subscription. They're awful IMO

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much what everybody else has said. Used to have a profile on a dating site but deleted it as I came to realize that guys on there weren't all that interested in pursuing a relationship, regardless of what they wrote in the various sections of their profile.

10. Rexmond

This is quite upsetting...

I had planned to use dating sites to find my partner and a relationship. I don't think I stand a chance trying to find a 40+ y/o without using a dating site that are set up specifically for intergen relationships. Do you think the men will be the same there too?

11. toaster

Shame on them, you're perfect the way it is.

I met a lot of jerks off dating sites and I have received a racist comment before. People are just plain rude nowadays.

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2013 at 05:03 AM ----------

Don't worry, there are a lot of older guys want to date younger guys but just be careful, some guys will take advantages of you.

12. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It would be a lot easier if you just went out there. Try joining a few clubs/start a new hobby or two. What about a Rainbow Resource Centre?

Dating/social network sites are all about appearances, and you don't know if they're really who they say they are.

I hear you though, small town Manitoban with no openly bi/gay girls around. :/

Good luck!

13. leer

I know several guys who use the Gaydar web sight just for a hook up Ive seen what the person looks like ''Mingers'' most of the time I personally dont get this on line Dating or
    relationship`s over the internet its Just not me .

14. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Dating sites suck. I tried it once...never again.

15. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am not being prejudice but the gays on dating sites in my area are like that too. It is very hurtful and makes me very doubtful about finding someone.

16. JustARaconteur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to toss my hat into this ring and say the same thing. The gay dudes I've met on dating sites are either closeted married guys looking for a hookup or a high maintenance superficial queen.

When I was still closeted and in denial I used one where I met two very nice and genuine girls I dated for a few months each. When I went back to that same place later and looked for men....well, closet cases and queens again.

17. castle walls

I've never used a dating site for that exact reason. I doubt I'd find a meaningful relationship on one

18. KillTheLights

Dating sites are horrible. Most of the people on them just want casual hook-ups.

19. tulman

If I get this right, you're 15 and looking for someone over 40? Sounds like a good way to wind up in prison to me. I'm sure you're very desirable but try again after your 18th birthday.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2013 at 09:27 AM ----------

Hook ups are ok but shallow and fleeting. I long for intimacy and friendship with a like minded guy my age. It's like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. Gay websites are chock full of kids (to me) who think anyone close to 40 belongs in The Smithsonian or are angry head cases who see themselves as victims of all sorts of perceived social injustices. Self confident, relatively happy, well adjusted, mentally stable, mature gay guys are out there. I know they are. I just need to learn how to find one.