1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoyed with local LGBT centre

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ptacub, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ptacub

ptacub Guest

I'm so annoyed right now. Last week Tuesday I phoned a local LGBT centre to make an appointment for their free counselling services. The lady who answered took my number and said they'd phone me back in a day or two, but it's been almost a week since then and I'm so irritated. I'm tempted to phone back and complain, but I really don't know if that would even help.

Has anyone ever experienced the same problem or anything similar with their LGBT centres?

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Def call them back and tell whoever answers what happened. Just be calm, but let them know that you really need help getting the appointment.

Most LGBT centers run purely by volunteers so its possible that she either forgot or messed up your number in some way.

Sucks that it happened tho!

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I would call back. It's entirely possible that they lost your phone number.

4. Alexander69

I'd just show up be like you f'd up you fix it. LMAO jk I had to say that not just call them back!

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not limited to LGBT centers. In this day and age, a lot of balls get dropped, because people are overworked and understaffed, and as Gus said, a lot of nonprofits (like most LGBT centers) are 100% staffed by volunteers.

So... just give a call back, explain that you'd been expecting a call and would really like to talk to someone, and I'm sure they will help you.

6. mickie newton

Sadly we don't and never had had such a centre. I don't even think we have one stop our nearest city.

But I would call back and find out why no one's been back in touch. There maybe a very good reason why, so I wouldn't get too angry with them. Could be any number of reasons.

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I would just try calling them back and explain what has happened. It is possible like the above posters have said that they may have lost the number, or someone could have forgot to pass your number along.

8. photoguy93

Yeah, call back and explain. I volunteer and a Free Health Clinic. We do our best, but I frequently catch myself forgetting to do things. Like, the other night. I caught myself standing around, talking about things, thinking that we were just waiting for the next round of meds. In reality, there was just one med a patient had been waiting on that was already filled!

Things like this happen. When I started at the clinic, it was pretty smooth sailing. Now, 3 years later, it's busier and we have more to do. So although we have more patients and can see more people, things can easily fall through the cracks.

So, call back. Explain what happens, but don't belittle anyone. Be nice and just say how important this is to you. Then, if it would happen again, either go there or explain that you are very frustrated. Talk to the manager or whomever is running the place.

9. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ran by volunteers like said above and they're usually busy. Sorry, but really LGBT or not LGBT free individual therapy is something you aren't necessarily entitled to anyway.

Our centers don't offer that, just groups. And this is a really liberal, developed area. Closest you get is a therapist who specializes LGBT among a million other things on a sliding scale.