1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flambouyant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brett, Mar 2, 2008.

?

What do you think of flambouyant gay guys?

1. HATE IT!!!

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. I don't really mind

52 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. What's flambouyant mean?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brett

So I've been reading a lot of threads lately that kinda' bring this up, and I was wondering what everyone thought of flambouyant gays.
    I myself am very flambouyant, so obviously I don't really mind, but I've noticed that most ppl have a generaly negative attitude towards them. And I was wondering why.............

2. KatoKumi

Well they think the people are ashamed of them. Because they "give gays a bad name." And they make stereotypes.

I'm a little subtle myself. Most people can pick up on it, but some people still ask me when they talk to me.

3. jroakwood

i said "hate it" but i wish there was a choice in between hating it and dont mind.
    because it depends on the guy.
    some guys are worse about it than others.

4. divadarya

I feel for flamboyant gay men(they used to be called "Nelly Queens or "Nellies") because, like us Trannies, they get blamed for "giving Gay a bad name" or "drawing negative attention to us".

5. CrimsonThunder

They can be really annoying, I know one and he can be a complete jackass so I don't really like being around him.

6. Hepcat

I don't mind. I'm not about to tell anyone else how they should act.

7. SkyTears

I put I don't mind. But to me there are two kinds if flamboyants.
    1)Those who don't care showing that they are gay.
    2)Those who say things that I don't really think should just be said to everyone in public.

I don't mind #1 kind but the second bugs me :dry:

p.s.: It's flamboyant not flambouyant (don't mean for that to sound rude) just so it can get changed =p

8. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I sort of am a flamboyant person, so, I don't really mind. The friends that I've come out to says that it's really easy to tell that I'm gay (or not straight).

But, I guess that's because I don't hide the fact that I'm gay. No one has asked me if I'm gay, and if they were to ask, I wouldn't hesitate to tell them yes.

#8 GunStarre, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  9. Brett

Yeah sorry bout that, I seem to have been thinking about the word "bouyacy" the whole time I was writing this.......and have had to keep deleting "u"s in like every word of this post..,...

10. SkyTears

haha, yeah. I can see that being confusing.

11. Doglover

I agree, it's really hard to change your personality.

12. Wired106

I put I don't really mind because I'm gay and if you're straight acting but gay, you're still part of that "community". I was thinking about this and a good example of it is that if you're black and you have a friend that is a darker skin color than you and you tell him you hate him because he is darker than you, then that means you are pretty much putting yourself down because you yourself are black also. I know that might be hard to understand but I was just using tht as an analogy of what i think lol :slight_smile:

13. davo-man

I don't mind terribly, unless its in the extreme. Like if it's in your face, over the top etc type extreme. But I think that's the same with most things. Like I don't mind religious people, because that's what gives them hope and happiness in their life. I just dislike it when they are so extreme about it that you can't have a conversation with them without it becoming the main subject of the convo. You know what I mean?

So yeah, as someone said, it depends on the person, but mostly don't mind (especially because I become quite flamboyant when I am drunk)

14. Time

Being pretty flamboyant myself, I don't mind too much. In extreme cases, it can be annoying, but overall, I don't care.

15. Thatsit

heh i didnt really vote cause i thought the choices were kinda strong. I would put my vote in between "HATE IT!!!" and "I don't really mind"

16. TyraBanksIsFierce

I have like different personalities with different people(its complicated, im more flamboyant to people I know better) so the real me is sorta flamboyant but not much lol

17. Swimmerboy

OMFG! How can gays be so prejudice of flamboyant homosexuals, even giving them slurs such as "flamboyants"! Wow, they have to worry about discrimination from straight people and gay people too? You mean to tell me despite all of that, they still have the courage to be themselves? I have a lot of respect for flamboyant homosexuals then, and zero respect for any hypocrite who would call them out for being themselves.:thumbsup:

#17 Swimmerboy, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  18. CelebrityHead

Should there have been an option, "I like flamboyant gay guys"?

Some I do. I find they are usually very entertaining and fun to be around. Sometimes can be in-your-face, but I think I'd rather that than hang around a dull, boring person.

19. otc877

otc877 Guest

I don't like the stereotypes associated with flamboyant gay men, and I don't like those stereotypes associated with all gay men. I voted HATE IT!!! (a bit strong, yes?), but regardless of that vote, I am not against flamboyant men, but rather the social stigma that comes with it.

20. Fiorino

Re: Flamboyant

Hmm, I don't really associate with them much because I'm afraid people
    might say "wth does he hang out with them, is he gay?". Also, they're not
    really my type when I'm searching for a guy. I don't appreciate the whole
    stereotype thing either, because I definetely don't match it, but otherwise
    it's their life and they can do what they want with it. Was that hateful?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.