1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I say SHUT UP!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thegaymer, Jan 22, 2013.

1. thegaymer

So I was waiting for the bus and decided to go to my computer teacher to ask him a question about itunes since the bus didn't come for about 10 minutes. I asked him the question and he kept rambling on about the different options that I could take. I kept trying to use body language to try and indicate that I have to go but he didn't notice. I also tried to use key phrases like "yeah ok" or "alright then" but he still didn't notice. I ended up missing my bus. :bang:

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how do I say shut up without directly saying it.

2. MerBear

raise your voice and be direct and say "can you listen to me for one second?" or "i have to go so can you answer my question?"

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Say: "Thanks a lot. I should get going to the bus stop now before I miss my bus. Thanks! Bye!"

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

*POW*!!! [​IMG] then run to your bus :slight_smile:

Just look at your watch or phone, and say "Oh I'm gonna miss my bus!!, thanks sir, cya!!"

5. Deaf Not Blind

I am glad you are a respectful teen, but some adults don't seem to notice that kids got places to be too. Gee. So, I agree with Robert. You seem a bit too shy, some peeps do got to be politely but firmly told bye. It would be polite yet assertive to say loud enough "Ok, that is clear now, gotta run for last bus now! bye!" And take eyes off him and grab backpack and step further from him. Now your body is pointing towards door, stepped away from him towards door, eyes not looking at him directly anymore, so darn obvious you are leaving now. IFF he continues, THEN you mat have to be less polite and more firm and interrupt to say "Sorry, but i have to get my bus immediately, bye." then just go. Hopefully you never need do that.

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I would've missed the bus too because I like talking. I would've kept it going but that's my extroverted side that never wants to be quiet about anything.

Also I agree with the above, at least you were respectful towards him about it. Be firm, just tell him "Well, thank you, I have to go because my bus is here."

Or that too.

7. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Be honest and polite saying thank you and sorry or excuse me. Being shy I know it may be difficult to be straightforward, but it's the best option.
    Once I got so nervous that a 'stranger' talked to me and I needed to go somewhere that I said 'no' and ran away. Fortunately my sister covered for me but being shy might cause this cause of situation hehe

8. Xochipilli

I usually say something like "Whoa, I'm running late and I don't want to keep you!" and then I make a mad dash for the door.