1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Hobbies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Silvails52, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Silvails52

Just a random thought that popped into my head. Do any of you have any strange hobbies? It doesn't have to be anything crazy, just slightly unusual. For me, I'm a beekeeper. I only have one tiny hive that might die this winter... but that's another story.

2. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    weird hobbies? i collect Olympic coins and weird coins in general, i like old books as well, alass no one ever said i was normal :icon_redf

3. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

I don't know if it counts as a hobby, but I like to search around Wikipedia, it's quite addictive. I mainly like to read the articles about sexuality or disorders, so I end up passing all day reading on Wikipedia. It's not very common, but I don't know if it counts.

I have Olympic coins too!! I can't spend them because they're so pretty in my opinion.

4. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know its like, i have one, i need to buy this but i WONT spend it

5. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Yeaah!! The good thing for me is that the coins I have are from other countries so it's not like I can spend it easily, but even so I carry in my wallet because it's cool.

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Beekeeper? Sounds bzz.....bzzz...buzzy. Busy.
    That was lame i'm sorry.

Weird hobbies, unno. I like collecting Pokemon cards though i don't know how to play the game at all. I just like how they look, and I keep them all organized in tins and school binders by dex number. Not a cheap habit either, considering that I've been collecting since I was maybe 8 years old. I probably have a good 3k's worth in cards alone.

I also collect guitar picks from my work and ones from my school and wherever else I can find 'em. I probably have around ~70 total.

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I organize for fun. I'll rearrange my closet like 5 times in one day if I'm really bored.

8. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Wow, don't you want to move in with me? lol
    I hate the mess in my closet, but I hate to organize it as well. I do it once a month only and it's not fun for me at all hahahah

9. Silvails52

Nope. She's coming with me. I need someone to help me stay organized... and wow... that was lame. But I have fun with it. It doesn't take as much time as you would think.

10. putra perkasa

Out Status:
    A few people
    glad someone have a weird hobby like mine :slight_smile: hem, what about listening to game music? is that weird enough? I often play an OST that suits my condition that time.:icon_redf

11. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

hahaha I take a lot of time because despite me being a bit messy I'm a bit of OCD so I have to organize everything so neatly and in order that takes more time than it needs/should. A exemple is that I organize my clothes by color, size and if it's omre casual or fancy haha

Yaay! I'm not aloone!! I don't usually listen to game music, but I must say listening to Mario Party OST is very relaxing. I listen mostly to anime openings as I'm not that much of a gamer.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like live-action combat sports. Mainly airsoft, but if the occasion arises, I also delve into other games like Dagorhir.

It's the same principle as airsoft, really, where you dress up in military gear and fight with realistic, mostly harmless weapons. The difference is that it's about a thousand years in the past. :wink: Instead of using guns which fire plastic BBs, players make their own swords, spears, etc. out of foam and other materials to beat each other with at full force. I've only played at a major event once, but swords are sort of my thing. I had the best time ever. :grin: The example below is a particular unit (team) called the Knights Templar. The detail isn't the best for this image, but there are millions of pics online.

[​IMG]

#12 Argentwing, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  13. Just Jess

I always feel like the biggest poseur but I like sitting down in the bean bag and trying to let my head wrap around zen koans.

perso.ens-lyon.fr/eric.boix/Koan/Hekiganroku/index.html
    COMMENTS ON THE MUMONKAN: All 48 Koans With Commentaries

I left my Japanophile days and anime watching way back when Ghost in the Shell and Macross Plus were in. I never got very far learning either Mandarin Chinese or Japanese (although I still can do some of the katakana alphabet). Long gone were the days when I thought I could buy a shinai and become a kendo master with my friends somehow. And I'm not a Buddhist. I love me my not fresh at all food and I don't even know what the whole eightfold path is.

But somehow this stuck with me. Just the way they make me pay attention to what's going on around me instead of my own little world, or the way you feel set up to find Captain Kirk style third options whenever life presents you with unsolvable problems.

But I always read that you need a teacher, and you shouldn't be salad bar with religion, and a million other things, so I just chill in the bean bag and that's as far as it goes. Hope it counts as a weird hobby. I do try to look up the history and context sometimes when I need to (like the "put your clothes on at the sound of a bell" koan), which I guess is still hobby-ish.

14. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do that too sometimes!

This isn't something I do on purpose so I'm not sure if it counts as a hobby, but I collect things that look sad, lost or abandoned. Most recently a busted up fishing lure that I named Bruce.

15. Silvails52

Hello, Bruce. How long has it been since your last fish? Fish are friends, not food, right?

16. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I Like to Clean... a lot... like before i got on i cleaned my room.. lol
    I also enjoy looking up skin care and hair stuff. is that girly? oh well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Girly or not, marry me hahahahahaha (just kiddin)
    But yeah I know how it feels to look up skin care and hair *-* I love it

18. Aielar

I don't know if it's weird, but I like to collect fridge magnets and buttons - probably not all that uncommon hobbies.

19. starmarie

starmarie Guest

Me too! I love organizing. :slight_smile:

20. SeerOfHeart

Well, I cosplay... I guess that would count as odd, though it's become much more widespread recently.