1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not very manly

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ShawnThePanda, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ShawnThePanda

In a cacoon waiting to become a Shawnerfly
    The thing about identifying as male, is that I'm not very "manly". Because although I identify as male I'm still the same person from before I identified as male. For me, it's more like feeling like I was born in the wrong body and It does not have to do with being manly because you can't change who you are inside and if I'm not very manly that does not mean I should pretend to be. I dont know about if other transgenders feel the same way but thats how i feel. I'm not "Girly" but I'm not exactly "manly" either. But I'm not gonna pretend to be someone I'm not, because of my identifying gender.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well what exactly defines "manly"? I have plenty of stright guy friends who act like total weenies in my book.
    Hell one cried when his team lost the super bowl, yup cried.

And you're right you shouldn't pertend to be anything you don't feel isn't true.

3. counterspade

I don't think you have to be 'manly' to be male. Just be yourself. :slight_smile:

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Pretty much this. lt's my fundamental issue here, lol.

Of course you're going to feel less manly and like you don't fit the profile when you define "manly" rigidly. And for those same reasons you won't feel female, either. This is a really literal and unfortunate interpretation of gender, to me :/

And then you're basically where everyone else is. l wouldn't go by outward appearances, maybe people LOOK like they identify with their gender more than they actually do, l think most of us are a little all over the place.

#4 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify strongly as my biological gender, but I'm not particularly manly myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sure, I have masculine traits, but I also enjoy exploring my feminine side. If you identify as male, you're male. There's no question about it. If you feel like you're a guy, that's what you are. Any "traits" are usually just stereotypes.

6. ShawnThePanda

In a cacoon waiting to become a Shawnerfly
    I know, it's just something that has been on my mind. And I will. :slight_smile:

7. Niko

I'm not "manly" either, but I don't consider myself any less of a man. You are who you are, manly or not. :slight_smile:

8. June Cleaver

Being transgender male to female I struggle with this too. I am all woman! I pass this body off as straight to comform to society. I am a girlie girl inside though. I have only just this past weekend found out I am trans. I had never heard of trans before. I had been lumped in as gay, but gays never accept me. I am 40 now and waited too long to be me I say be yourself and don't worry about it because life is too short. I wasted too much life at this point pretending to be what I am not. Had someone told me I was trans not a gay person when I was teen or 20's I would have done the change and had a complete life with a husband and kids which is my hearts desire. I ever so bad want to change the outside to fit the inside and get married to a guy WITH kids and have my happily ever after. So be who you are and you will be happy! Don't worry about labels and such, someone will love you for who you are.