1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you are transgender then what does gay/straight mean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SOULkitchen, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SOULkitchen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I see some people on here who say they are trans. Lets say someone says they are trans MtF... if they call themselves gay, does that mean they are into men or women? Like, I mean, gay based on what? Your original gender or your trans gender?

Also, could a FtM say they are lesbian? Is a straight FtM attracted to women or men? It's especially confusing when one says they aren't sure what gender they are, but they know they are gay... Doesn't the term 'gay' require one to identify as a certain gender and be attracted to the same gender?

I think maybe it would be less ambiguous to simply state the gender(s) one is into, but nonetheless orientation labels are used a lot on here by trans people, so I can't help but wonder.

#1 SOULkitchen, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. jvn95

Ftm means they are male. So a gay male is into other males.

Mtf means female. So gay for a female means they are into other females :slight_smile:

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    straight FTM likes women.

gay MTF likes women.

l'm going with the literal interpretation until otherwise notified, l have seen one instance where a trans person didn't match this standard format here but that was the exception.

l like your point about being gay though LOL. But l guess also you can still know that you're considered gay based on what your gender has been perceived as.

Like l give zero fux about my gender and could even imagine myself not having one, but am aware that to the world l'm female so because l like females l know l'm gay.

#3 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  4. SOULkitchen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for clearing that up. OMGWTFBBQ, are you into women or men?

5. Niko

Well I'm an FtM...I identify as Male, I like men, therefore I'm gay.
    If I liked girls then I'd be straight; but that's not the case. :slight_smile:

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    women, lm not trans LOL.

girl since 1984...xD

7. Hexagon

I don't mean to be confrontational or something here, but is it really that hard to figure out? You know, understanding that a transguy is a guy, how much of a leap is really required to understand that if he's gay, he likes men?