1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favourite thing about being gay/lesbian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grant, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lets take a minute to push aside the potential negatives of our orientation and look at the positives. What's your favourite thing about being gay? :slight_smile:

2. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    favourite thing....hmmmm, I would say the fact there is a sense of community with the LGBT crowd

3. FJ Cruiser

You don't have to deal with the whole Mars vs. Venus thing when it comes to relationships.

4. jvn95

Nope. I get to deal with mars vs Venus within myself!

5. Greendalehumans

I suppose the community is nice. I'm a Christian, so the gay Christian threads on here are quite nice :slight_smile:

6. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Girls just get me. My relationships with girls have been wayyy more fulfilling than the few relationships I had with guys. Girls are just so much easier to get along with emotionally. And physically...they're much more attractive :slight_smile: to me. No offense to the guys!!

7. Kay

Kay Guest

You asked my favorite thing. There are a number of ways to look at this. I guess being with my same sex partner 2/3's of my life, and all that goes with that. I will leave the math to you. :slight_smile: Hugs

8. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank youuu. Tired. Boring.

Honestly one of the top things l find most tiresome on Earth lol. Yes GIRLS N BOYZ R DIFFERENT. Cool story, thanks, bye lol.

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2013 at 08:49 AM ----------

this too lol.

9. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you mean positives? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, though. I don't get girls. I just don't get them. When I was with my ex girlfriend, all of a sudden she would be mad because I'd done or said something wrong or not done/said something when I was supposed to. I'm sorry girls, but you're so tiring! Just say what you mean! Don't let me guess.
    With my boyfriend, he'll tell me when something's wrong, he's not gonna beat around the bush and be mad without telling me why. Plus, guys are so much easier than girls anyway. He doesn't even notice the small stuff my ex would get pissed about.

Secondly, obviously the fact that I love my boyfriend :slight_smile: If I were exclusively into girls, I wouldn't be with him now. I'd seriously be missing out.

10. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people

l don't get this either. Even with female friends it can be this way.

l think some of this is conditioning. Men/women are so influenced by the roles they see. A woman is expected to be this way, IMO.

l can't stand it. l had a friend tell me recently that her other friend's therapist(all female humans so far) told her that the reason she holds onto things and lets herself become angry is because she was: get this, "smart".

Like wow. What an awful and short-sighted , baseless assumption first of all, and secondly, what a casual way to damage us girls who aren't this way and don't want to be, l've very much sensed that girls who are more like myself are seen as undeveloped, air headed imbeciles, the way many women view men.

And thirdly forgive me for being someone who ENJOYS being very direct with other people and moving on with my life,lol.

Ugh. So l think it's perpetuated and l do feel that other women perceive more passive aggressive, sulky type women as more feminine and even more intelligent pretty often.

11. Xochipilli

The flexibility! I feel like gays/lesbians are afforded more options in general about everything, even though obviously there are still constraints due to stereotypes.

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Cute girls, the amazing supportive LGBT community, and how good the sex must be (though I have yet to try).

13. Brenny

I do tend to get stuck on the negatives.... But there are a few positives that I very much enjoy.

1. Nobody will accidentally get pregnant.
    2. Screw stereotypes. I can be however/whatever I want. If I were straight I'd have to constantly worry about being manly or whatever.
    3. I don't have pressure to be dominant/the head/breadwinner in the relationship. Our relationship can work however we want it to and no one's gonna give two ****s.

14. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. It's forced me to try to care about myself unconditionally
    2. I've learned to care less about what others may think of me
    3. I've learned that God can truly love unconditionally instead of me "earning" it
    4. I discovered how it feels to truly love another human being, and the capacity I have to love someone (which is apparently a lot!)
    5. I never would've ended up on this site and I would be a basket case without it (not just involving issues of sexuality... it staves off loneliness since my friends are moving on without me)
    6. Everyone on here is just simply amazing! God bless you all!
    7. It's made me a lot stronger
    8. I'm less judgmental of the LGBT community as well as other people
    9. I have a newfound respect for minority groups
    10. I view the world through intriguing new eyes...

Most of all though... LADIES ARE SEXY!!!!
    (!)

15. yidnah87

My favorite thing about being bi is the fact that I'm able to see the beauty in both sexes.

16. hello1992

yeah, the community is nice. Like although being gay has from very big problems, i at least feel part of a community, like people refer to us as the 'gays'.

But i guess you can also use it as an excuse to do things like hang out with girls, be fashionable and people cant judge you about certain things such as a lack of sexual experience.

Being gay is also a lot more interesting. It makes you a little bit more unique and makes life less predictable, away from the usual protocol....

17. AaronG

AaronG Guest

In a same sex relationship it feels like the two members can relate to each other much better. And guys are much hotter than girls, just saying.

18. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy being able to sing songs written for girls by male songwriters without feeling odd XD

19. IanGallagher

Being bi. One thing I love about guys over girls is it doesn't have the same sociological complications other than the stigma whereas with girls socialization makes things more complicated. Best example would be: as a guy do I pay or not pay for her and how would this change the way she sees me for better or worse? With guys it's just the relationship and finding your own way together with a clean slate of just chemistry.

And double the "eye candy" lol.

#19 IanGallagher, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  20. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

-Sense of belonging and connections I otherwise wouldn't have made (online)
    -Being a special snowflake
    -Being able to choose a certain gender if you gel with them better (I can avoid boys YES)
    -Enjoying yaoi, yuri AND hetero :icon_bigg
    -Easier to blend in with other girls than if I was completely lesbian
    -Having an excuse to cut off from your conservative, religious family (I'm terrible I know)