1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to first LGBT meeting tonight!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invisigoth, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Invisigoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazing, I'm 42, and have been 'out' for 12 years, but i think my closet had a revolving door on it, because it seems in certain situations i'd find myself 'hiding' who i am. I grew up being constantly 'guided' towards macho orientated behaviour, until a few weeks ago, i wasnt aware of that fact. i suddenly occurred to me, that, i was living the version of 'myself' that my father encouraged, not who i was 'meant' to be. my dad was constantly at the whole, 'when you have kids, when you get married and when your wife .. etc' and some other very damaging stuff like, 'you're the last male child in my family line, it is yourDuty to have a male child to continue the line. so i was essentially being brain washed.

Anyway, I am meeting a very nice guy tonight, andgoing to the local LBGT meeting. and i am terrified :lol: the part of me that has been obeying the suggestions from my dad, is screaming what the f*ck are you doing!!
    Time to bust a cap in that line of thinking!!

2. horsecats

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Enjoy! That's great that you've come to terms with who you really are! Dads can be brutal on the ego...
    Good luck tonight and have fun!!

3. Acobi

Acobi Guest

This is something I am definitely wanting to do in the future! It is awesome to see you taking the initiative! I hope you have a great time and meet some awesome people! Let me know how it goes tonight :slight_smile:

4. Invisigoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support, met the beautiful people last night, great fun. It was great to be in an environment where there was no hiding needed, everyone was fabulous in their own unique way :slight_smile:
    just one regret.. that i didnt do it sooner! my advice is, as terrifying as the idea is, go for it, i made some firm friends last night, they liked me for 'being me'. perfect :slight_smile: just perfect, i'll be going back again!~