1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grizzleybear33, Jan 24, 2013.

1. grizzleybear33

I need some good ideas for my senior project. Something that is really cool and isn't really easy. Me and some of my friends have a bet who can do the best one and so far I have to one up sending a balloon up 70,000 feet and recording it and another one might try to make a hoover craft but I'm not sure if that is going to happen. Something sciencey.

2. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I distilled the cherry flavoring out of cherry coke as part of mine. It's pretty simple if your school has the distillation apparatus, though.

Can't think of anything tougher than sending the balloon into the upper atmosphere that's not too crazy or dangerous.

3. grizzleybear33

Crazy and dangerous is fine. As long as it is under like $200 the sky is the limit.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Write a messagee in DNA coding like.. " Ayo Im Gayo"

5. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In that case, you could show how water amplifies concussive force by making dry ice depth charges. Just make sure you (or someone with you) know what you're doing.

[YOUTUBE]ZxsyL_RSsUw[/YOUTUBE]

6. Kay

Kay Guest

Launch a space shuttle into a sable orbit without fuel.

7. Caudex

Caudex Guest

It's a shame you're not doing the balloon one, I actually launched a HAB this summer (I was part of a 5-person team) and it made it to 109k feet, taking some data. I could send you the source code and schematics, but since you're not doing it…

But other than that, you could do something with LEGOs, especially the Mindstorms brand. They're very modular, and I've made some neat stuff.

Or you could try this year's tech challenge--it's much better than last year's. thetechchallenge.thetech.org | Inspiring the Innovator in Everyone

8. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Build a moonshine distiller ----> Go straight to Jail, do not pass Go, Do not collect your diploma~ x'3

#8 Shadowsettler, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  9. grizzleybear33

I LOOOOOVE IT. Haha I was set on making a wind turbine but this seems way more fun. Thanks