1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's not such a big deal any more...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darkrai, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

So don't get me wrong, being gay is a big deal in a lot of senses. But since I have admitted to myself it doesn't feel as life threatening as it use to be. I feel like's just another normal part of me and I can even start to enjoy friendships more now.

I just wish I could come out, but for the time being I don't want to hurt my family :frowning2:

How do you guys/gals about finally being true to yourself? Did things get better when you came out (for those of you who have come out)?

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Its definitely become more natural for me. I was so obsessed last year with trying to look like a stereotypical lesbian so that the girls would notice! Although it worked, and I went on a date with both of the bi girls in my class, it was exhausting trying to be someone I wasnt! Being a lesbian is just a part of my life now not my entire life anymore! :grin: Now Im just me :slight_smile:

3. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

That's awesome BoiGeorge, I actually can't wait till I can act more like myself, gay. I want to be noticed by guys. But right now I'm just so ambiguous that I guess i just give mixed signals everywhere.

I think will do like you and just be myself, once I come out I hope I have better luck dating.

4. leer

after I came out things got a bit crap for me everyone at school now knew my secret it was horrible got into some fights last one i ended up in casualty so I thought Fuck school and left things got bad at home mum was mad wanted to press charges but I didnt want more aggro this lasted a few months before it got better.

5. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've come out of the closet to my family just not my fiance completely anyways. The folks in he family took it well surprisingly but they never really cared about me that much. Surprisingly my sister suspected that I was gay even before she died like three months before like eerie right? Odd like she would try to lower my guard by talking about her old friend Tommy being seen on a social network being gay from out of no where like trying to lure me out. Ultimately with my sister she didn't find out completely that I was and am gay just too nervous to admit it to my fiance.

I'm serious man I'm like you just nervious. My fiance already knows that I'd been with a gay man just thought of it as a fluke. I'm losing attraction nearly every single minute now days to her. It feels like my world is fading away with nothing but this place to color it up. Its like erasing myself from all those photos and its driving me insaine. I need help in understand what is happening to me or I'll vanish!

6. sanguine

So true, the moment I stopped obsessing about being gay, being paranoid and in denial was a big difference, I look back now and wonder why I was such a loser.

You see things much better when you dont care and accept things as they are.

7. "I just wish I could come out, but for the time being I don't want to hurt my family."

I'm not at all trying to be rude/intrusive and I don't know the dynamic of your family, but doesn't that sound a little selfish of your family? I mean, you have to deprive yourself of something that shouldn't even be an issue in the first place just to make them feel good? Your family is supposed to love you unconditionally so I don't get why some some people could possibly be hurt by one's being gay? It's not like you're attacking them or betraying them physically or emotionally. You're simply being who you are, which they should accept. I can't really articulate it and I totally understand your sentiments and all, I'm just speaking theoretically. Anyways, I agree with what you said in your post and I hope everything works out! :slight_smile:

8. leer

Ok Darkrai OP I feel that my comment is not helping much this should be a happy period coming out is something that people should celebrate something to be proud of. my negative approach only lasted a couple of months then I got out there and enjoyed being who I am A happy Gay lucky guy.(*hug*)