1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Men, Do You Really Find Any Girls "cute"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 25, 2013.

1. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just curious. With lesbians it's like some do find some men "cute" or "attractive". lt could be that they mean it's more of a personality thing.

l relate to that, but often they're describing looks specifically and as one (unaffiliated with EC) put it to me, she didn't like men "except for Hugh Jackman"(insert girlish giggle here).

l'm not appalled by that, l'm not denouncing that woman as a lesbian but TBH l feel a little weird in comparison because l don't have those feelings. Not ever.

l feel the same kind of inadequacy as l do around straight women when l feel like we have so much in common and they start talking about ~**boys**~. l just melt into the background and feel like l haven't found my people yet.

So what about gay boys, lol? l know some do have a girl crush. ls it like you think she's cute BECAUSE you love her personality or you just actually think she's adorable and it's something more like attraction?

l understand that even being homosexual can be a spectrum where some people might be a 4 or 5 out of a Kinsey 6. l also think male sexuality can be more fluid than what's widely believed based on what l've seen here.

So for those of you who would still consider yourself "gay'' no matter what that number is lol.

#1 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. Alexander69

I think some girls are cute and ill even go as far as sexy! I can appreciate the female body just not in a sexual way. I just hate seeing really beautiful girls dressing so badly I want to dressssss youuuuuu please and do your make up! I don't usually act That way but when I see potential in a person male or female and they don't see it I will try so hard to boost their confidence. I would move to own my own modeling company because I'm so good at seeing potential in people!

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I personally never pay enough attention to women when out and about to really notice any. The amount of guys is endless though. :grin:

4. ohhsnapple

ohhsnapple Guest

well come on now, Hugh Jackman is not a man. He is no mere mortal. He's basically a demigod, the rules of mortals do not apply.

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    this must be one of those things girls never let me in on >.>

6. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I concur what Alexander said, I find some women to be very sexy or cute or otherwise attractive in some way, I am just not sexually attracted to them. For example, I have a friend who needs to tell me her secret because she always look sexy as all-get-out in her photos.

7. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure why you'd feel weird for not finding people of the opposite sex attractive if you're gay. Usually it's only when the reverse happens, though I don't think that should be seen as weird either.

Personally, I'm definitely capable of finding girls cute, attractive, etc. but I'd describe it as more physical appreciation than sexual attraction, even if they appear to have an attractive personality as well.

For a celebrity example, I think Emma Stone is very beautiful and seems to have an awesome personality as well, but I wouldn't want to sleep with her [even on a fantasy level.] :lol: But for a more down-to-earth one, when I still thought I was interested in girls, I did have a 'crush' on a girl in high school. However, I didn't focus on her looks all that much and it was more about my wanting to spend more time around her than thinking of her in that way [Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.]

It's taken me awhile to realise and appreciate it, but while I'm 'attracted' to women in a certain way, on a basic emotional and/or physical level, it doesn't play into my romantic or sexual desires. Hopefully that makes sense. :slight_smile:

8. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    of course I do, Alissa White-Gluz, Kerli, Liv Kristine to name a few

9. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    without being too weird l'll just say that it's basically a fear l have of resigning myself to a small group and then not finding anyone who is ever "really" into me because they're really secretly into boys or something >.>

lt's like a real life flashback to a metaphorical room of middle school girls who all hate me and think l'm creepy.Or will discover they are into boys later and don't know it yet, or find the "right" guy and forget about me. l know it's irrational but it's one reason l hung onto my awful "relationships" with men lol.

l was basically this person with some men and lead them on when l was denying or didn't understand my sexuality, it could almost be a really unfortunate karmic twist of events.

But in actuality l would even date a bi woman, so even though this is my irrational fear l'm not actively terrified of any LGBT women who actually do like men lol.

#9 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. Jonathan

Of course I do. I can find women to be aesthetically beautiful (and cute) and just not be sexually attracted to them. Natalie Portman, Emma Watson, and Emma Stone would be some examples.

11. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I understand, most people are generally aware of who they're genuinely attracted to by the time they reach their twenties. So if you meet any other women, there shouldn't be any extra surprises. :lol: If I'm getting you correctly, it sounds like your past experiences have left a deep impact on you which is understandable and it may be a matter of just having to find some way of working on and moving past it. :slight_smile:

12. i've noticed myself checking out girls so i'm not sure what that means. Guess i'll have to experiment or something. To answer your question, though: yes.

13. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    ty:slight_smile:

14. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ya of course even though I'm more into guys I'll admit when I find a girl to be pretty or attractive like for example I find Demi Lovato to be pretty attractive I also like her personality I think she's a great person but that doesn't mean that I want to sleep with her.

15. silkfrog1292

Sure. I'll find girls pretty, even attractive on occasions, the only difference between a straight guy and me though is despite appreciating her beauty/attractiveness, I don't entertain lustful thoughts about her.

16. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Lesbian comment now! :grin:

I can absolutely appreciate masculine beauty! Like Johnny Depp for example. He is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion and I do have a little crush on him. But I am only sexually attracted to girls so lesbian is my orientation. Make sense?

17. hello1992

i have only ever really associate the word 'cute' with men.

I am gay but i do find women beautiful and occasionally there will be one that would give meet he closest thing to an attraction to women but just being short of it. For example, I find Gretchen in Prison Break very hot, but i still am not attracted to her. There's also this women at uni who i think is very pretty, she isnt hot, but there's something i do like about her, but its far from a crush!

I get what you mean about shrinking away when they talk about straight-related topics...

18. Xochipilli

I do find many girls attractive, and even smokin', but at the end of the day I want to get down with the dudez ^_^

19. needshelp

i don't have a girl crush but i do think there are some women that are cute or attractive. it's not enough to make me go crushing over them, want to go out on a date, fall in love or even to have sex with them. more of a you're just a friend but don't push it type of thing. there's something about a guy that makes me want to cuddle up in bed, sniff him, kiss, date, have sex and etc. can't say that i feel that way about a woman no matter how cute she or attractive she is.

20. Lewis

Definitely! There are some really beautiful women out there, I just wouldn't want to have sex and/or be in relationship with them.

I actually think I could probably be in a romantic but non-sexual relationship with a woman. More of a platonic relationship I guess.