1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel when people call you "baby" in a nonromantic way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LouisKat, Jan 25, 2013.

1. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just some chit chat. . . how do you feel when someone casually calls you "baby" in a casual, not flirtatious manner?

I have had a few men call me "baby" in the past because that is what they called everyone, and I did not hate it, but it annoyed me a tad. Now, this very small, pretty, girly girl in one of my classes calls me "baby." The other day, she handed me a paper and said "here ya go, bebee (how it sounds when she says it)" She doesn't call anyone else that, that I have heard. I'm not sure if she just forgot my name or what, but I admit. . . I like it.

So. . . how do you feel? Does it annoy you, does it make you feel angry, do you like it?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really enjoy it! Well if it's a guy it depends if I feel they're trying to get in my pants. If it's an innocent thing, I just smile. I absolutely LOVE when women call me pet names, even if it's not in a romantic way. It's cute. :love:

3. MerBear

i love when girls call me pet names in both ways
    i dont like it when guys do it though.

4. Niko

Well no one has ever done this to me. But I feel like if it were to happen, I'd get very annoyed. It's just not my cup of tea. xD

5. jaysuss

Haha I am the type of person who is always calling people this. The guys who are insecure hate it because I am like won't you grab that for me love and it just annoys them. I have a lot of fun with it at times.

6. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thisthisthisthisthis. I love doing this, so fun.

7. Cinci

No one has ever called me baby in a casual way but my friends do it all the time when joking ( like saying hey baby when greeting me and then dramatic head tossing) and I just laugh and do something like that back to them. I think if that did actually happen I'd just be like wait are you flirting with me and then just not really care if they weren't

8. Jonathan

I'm one of the guys who would be restraining myself from killing you both :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Personally, I have no problem with it if it's coming from a good friend. If it's coming from just an acquaintance or someone I don't really know, then it just seems a bit odd to me.

9. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l get this mostly from older African American women and l think it's adorable.

#9 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. Divopix

Hate pet names

11. Bolin

I don't mind pet names too much. My guy and I have pet names for each other, but they're mostly used in jest. I don't like it when people I don't know/don't know well call me by something other than my name. I don't mind family or friends calling me pet names, as long as it's not extravagant....like my aunt... She calls me "angel lips" and "doll face." I honestly don't know what to think of those two pet names. >_>

#11 Bolin, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  12. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I like it from girls only! If a boy does it, I might just punch him! :grin:

13. Renge

Well, its lovely :slight_smile:

14. FranklinK

It irritates me to no end.

I can not stand it when I get a message on FB and a guy is like hey baby, hey stud, hey cutie. I have a fuckin name and I ain't your baby. Don't call me stud because I'm not a horse ready to mate. And don't call me cutie that is just weird.

I'm good with hey dude, or hey man, or even a whatsup. Don't give me pet names because I am not your pet.

End of rant lol

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2013 at 06:30 AM ----------

The pet names I use are

1. Boo Boo Kitty Fuck
    2. Love Monkey
    3. Love Bunny
    4. Senor Taco
    5. Monkey Slut
    6. Lovely

As you can tell none of these are serious and are meant to be funny. However; while in a relationship I absolutely love to be called baby, but probably not stud or cutie. I don't really like the ones that seem like I'm being prayed on. It also has a lot to do with how the person says it I guess.

15. lxlJDlxl

I think if someone at my age calls me that, I would laugh.
    And if someone older than me calls me that, it would feel weird especially if I am not used to it.
    Except from my mother.

16. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

I don't like petnames when they're meant to be serious and not playful. My friends dont usually call me by petnames, only one who calls me queer and I call him back but it's 100% playful. My mother is the one to call me petnames but I dont mind and I call my younger siblings child etc. I like the unusual petnames, like I hate baby but my ex-bf used to call me little pig.

17. MichaelB

Don't like it, find it patronising and really could do without it.

18. worriedWardrobe

I am not an infant. Do not call me "baby" under any circumstances. I will accept casual names like "dude", "man", etc. (Not "bro" or any variation of the word) And if meant affectionately there are a few that I quite like ("honey", "sweetie")

19. octiimuus

Out Status:
    Some people
    So so so awkward.

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't think anyone calls me that, but I could see it being annoying. One of my Uni friends (who views me as like a younger sister) calls me 'sweetie pie' and 'hunny' a lot which I don't mind, though. Just terms of endearment. But baby would get on my nerves lol.